13th May 2012, 05:13 PM
inderraj singh

How many subjects are there in IPS Pre Exam? Which is the best subject?

firstly i want to know that how many subject in IPS pre exam and which in the best subject

13th May 2012, 08:41 PM
BIKARANT RAI

Default Re: How many subjects are there in IPS Pre Exam? Which is the best subject?

hi friends,
How many subjects are there in IPS Pre Exam? Which is the best subject?

firstly i want to know that how many subject in IPS pre exam and which in the best subject

thanking you
16th May 2012, 02:01 PM
sahiljain12

Smile Re: How many subjects are there in IPS Pre Exam? Which is the best subject?

IPS Stands for Indian Police Services and this examination was Conducted By UPSC every year, The examination was held in 2 Stages - Preliminary and Mains.

>> The Preliminary examination was Objective and there are Two papers in this examination and Both are of same marks and same duration, If you will be able to cracked the preliminary examination only then you will be allow to sit in main examination.

>> In main examination you have to choose any one of the Optional Subjects form the given list which was availiable in the UPSC Notification, You have to Opt the Optional subjects as per your Graduation subjects.

To apply for UPSC Civil services examination to become IPS officer you need to complete Your Graduate degree course form a recognised University and Your Age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

>> Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible for this examination.

>> So, please work hard and try to cracked the Preliminary examination first and then you are eligible to sit in main examination. So please prepare for this examination according to the given Syllabus and Pattern and for more Information please check the official website.

Civil Services Preliminary examination Pattern -

Optional Subjects List -

>> The examination was Going to be Held on 2012 because this year examination was completed And if you are Interested then please apply for this examination in the Month of February, The Notification was Published in the month of February i.e. on 04/Feb/2012.

>> The Preliminary examination was going to be Held on 20/May/2012.

And If you need more Details then please check the official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
8th June 2012, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How many subjects are there in IPS Pre Exam? Which is the best subject?

i am in 12 pass who subject choose i
8th July 2012, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

which subject should i read for the preperation for ips preliminary examination
29th September 2012, 09:18 AM
Unregistered

please sir,tell me about of this ips exam,and notification.when is coming form of ips in market.
5th October 2012, 03:51 AM
Unregistered

I am pursuing b.a(prog), which optional subject should i choose for...pre...???
27th October 2012, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

my question is.....
what is the requirment to become a good ips officer....
and i want know the whole procedure to become a ips officer...
14th December 2012, 07:06 AM
Unregistered

sir i am an graduate of B.A which subject i have to choose? for the i.p.s examination
15th December 2012, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

Sir, i am suman barnwal
sir,please tell me that how can i be an ips officer nd which subject is better for ips officer
15th December 2012, 11:21 PM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Hi Friend,

IPS Stands for Indian Police Services and this examination was Conducted By UPSC every year, The examination was held in 2 Stages - Preliminary and Mains.

>> The Preliminary examination was Objective and there are Two papers in this examination and Both are of same marks and same duration, If you will be able to cracked the preliminary examination only then you will be allow to sit in main examination.

>> In main examination you have to choose any one of the Optional Subjects form the given list which was availiable in the UPSC Notification, You have to Opt the Optional subjects as per your Graduation subjects.

Cool Thanks...
15th December 2012, 11:23 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friends.....

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. This exam conducted by the UPSC every year.

Selection Process:

Preliminary Exam
Main exam
Interview

Optional Subjects:

Agriculture

Anthropology

Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science

Botany

Chemistry

Civil Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Electronics & Communication

Maths

Geology

Geographics

Statisics

Political Science

Medical Science

International Relations

Commerce

Economics

Accountancy

Philosophy

Psychology

All the best...........
15th December 2012, 11:52 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

In order to appear for the IPS Exam you will require the following Eligibility:-

>>You must be Graduation pass out in any stream from Recognized university.
>>Your degree should be approved from the UGC.
>>Your minimum marks should be 50%.

Age details:-

>>Your minimum age should be 21 years.
>>Your age should not be above 28 years.

NOTE:-

There is also limitation for appearing this exam.

>>If you belong from the General Category then you can appear 4 times.
>>If you belong from the OBC Category then you can appear 7 times.

In Preliminary Exam the questions will be asked from the Following sections as per the new Pattern :-

>>Language comprehension.
>>Mathematical skills.
>>Data Analysis and sufficiency.
>>Intelligence and Critical Reasoning.
>>Indian and Global Environment.
>>General Knowledge.
>>Current Affairs.

After getting pass in this exam you will able to appear for the Final Exam.
For Final exam you will have to select the papers from the given ones.

16th December 2012, 01:27 AM
nikhu99

Thumbs up Re: How many subjects are there in IPS Pre Exam? Which is the best subject?

Dear sir,
The Preliminary examination was Objective and there are Two papers in this examination and Both are of same marks and same duration, If you will be able to cracked the preliminary examination only then you will be allow to sit in main examination. In main examination you have to choose any one of the Optional Subjects form the given list which was availiable in the UPSC Notification, You have to Opt the Optional subjects as per your Graduation subjects. To apply for UPSC Civil services examination to become IPS officer you need to complete Your Graduate degree course form a recognised University and Your Age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates. Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible for this examination. So, please work hard and try to cracked the Preliminary examination first and then you are eligible to sit in main examination.

Good luck..............
10th January 2013, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

Which is the best subject for IPS?
31st May 2013, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have done my bsc in hospitality am i qualify for ips exam
15th June 2013, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

Sir...! I have eyesite can i eligible for ips
25th September 2013, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

When will be best time to prepare for Ips exam
25th September 2013, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

When will be best time to prepare for Ips exam
1st December 2013, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

I want to know about what is the best book for ips
12th April 2014, 07:57 AM
Unregistered

Sir, i ask you i have Reading B.A in Assamese major. Can i apply upsc exam.?
17th April 2014, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

Hello this is sudha...i wanted 2 do hotel management. Can i write IPS exam after doing this course
15th June 2014, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in 9th standard english medium first language telugu . I am intrested in civil services.So,in which subject should i have to focus on and which group should i take in inter and graduation.
23rd May 2015, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

I am btech graduate can i choose literature as optional subject in civil services exam?
31st May 2015, 10:30 PM
jhavikas39

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderraj singh View Post
For I.P.S you have to qualify Civil Services exam.

There are two stage exam;-
> Preliminary Exam
> Mains Exam.

In Preliminary 2 paper are their:-
> General Studies
> Civil Services Aptitude Test

In G.S there are 7 main subject:-
> Physic
> Chemistry
> Maths
> Biology
> History
> Polity
> Geography
in addition to that there is Current affair question.

In C.S.A.T exam they will ask you date interpretation, verbal and non-verbal,
Reasoning... In this 33% marks require to qualify the exam.

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?