15th June 2015, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

What all subjects is required to be done in graduation to opt for IPS exam?

What all subjects is required to be done in graduation to opt for IPS exam? Can someone please advice me on the same? I just wanted to know which subjects to choose in order to do give the IPS exams in future? Thanks for providing me the answer in advance!

16th June 2015, 07:42 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What all subjects is required to be done in graduation to opt for IPS exam?

To be eligible to appear in IPS examination, you must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university. The IPS examination is conducted by UPSC every year and the eligibility criteria required to appear in IPS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21 to 30 years of age. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in he UPSC IPS examination notification.
16th June 2015, 11:50 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What all subjects is required to be done in graduation to opt for IPS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What all subjects is required to be done in graduation to opt for IPS exam? Can someone please advice me on the same? I just wanted to know which subjects to choose in order to do give the IPS exams in future? Thanks for providing me the answer in advance!
You can choose a subject in graduation degree which is a paper of IPS optional subject. I have listed the optional and mains subject for IPS entrance exam. You can choose one optional papers from below mentioned.

List of IPS Main Optional Subjects:-

Agriculture, Management, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mathematics, Anthropology, Mechanical Engineering, Botany,Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics,Commerce & Accountancy, Political, Science & International Relations, Economics, Psychology, Electrical Engineering , Public,Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian History, Zoology, Law.

List of IPS main Optional Literature Subjects:-

Arabic, Gujarati, Manipuri, Sanskrit, Assamese, Hindi, Nepali, Sindhi, Bengali, Kannada, Oriya, Tamil, Chinese, Kashmiri, Pali, Telugu, English, Konkani, Persian, Urdu, French, Marathi, Punjabi, German, Malayalam, Russian.
16th June 2015, 04:07 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Actually any graduate can become a " IPS Officer " irrespective of stream in their graduation. In fact there is a Chance to crack UPSC Civil's with any stream. If you complete your graduation in full time 3 year degree then there will be a benefit to easily answer for the questions from the General Studies section.

Where you are come from a Professional graduation like B.E/B.Tech then you have a grip on the Quantitative paper ( CSAT Exam) . So there is a benefit for every student in the prospect of UPSC Civil's.

There is a Scope of IPS officer (Civil's ) in the current situation. So you must be careful about the preparation. And coming to the subject selected in graduation I suggest you to take " B.E/B.Tech " . Besides this you should prepare for the General studies papers during your graduation.

Thus you can create a plan for study to crack the Civil's. For the details regarding the Notification and all you can visit the Official website of UPSC.

And one more thing the last date to fill the Online Application form has also been closed. So you will wait for some more time.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?