9th June 2012, 12:49 AM
singh.dharm

Am I eligible for IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

Dear Sir
i am a student of 2nd year of B.tech in civil engineering before this i was complite my Diploma in civil engineering after 10th class can i elligible for attend IPS exam percentage are above 50% and below 60%

Related Questions:
  1. In which Companies I can get Internship being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  2. Am I eligible to give IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Distance Learning from KSOU?
  3. Detailed Information regarding IPS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech in ECE?
  4. How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 2nd year in Civil Engineering?
  5. Am I eligible to get Scholarship being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech and secured 75% in first year of B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Being a B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 4th year student, can I appear in Indian Engineering Service exam? -- [New]
  7. How to join IPS being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year of Engineering?
  8. Can I be eligible to give the IPS exam after completing B.Tech 3rd year from Civil Engineering?
  9. How to do B.Tech after pursuing diploma in civil engineering?
  10. Guidance to prepare for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BE in Civil Engineering? Previous 10 year Question Papers for these Exams?
  11. How to become an IAS being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year in Civil Engineering?
  12. Am I eligible to write ICET Exam pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  13. Which Combination of subjects is best for me for Civil Services being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year of Marine Engineering?
  14. How to apply for IPS being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year of B.Com?
  15. Can I appear for IPS entrance while in 1st year B.Tech of Civil Engineering?
  16. How to do M.Tech in IIT after pursuing B.Tech 2nd year Aeronautical engineering?
  17. Internship or training programme for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering 2nd year pursuing candidate?
  18. Names of the books for IPS? I am a student of B.Tech 2nd year in Mechanical Engineering
9th June 2012, 02:10 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

As you are a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in Civil Engineering, you are not eligible to take the Entrance Exam to be placed in IPS.

But, you can take this exam in the final year of your B.Tech course or soon after the completion of your B.Tech course.

To be placed in IPS, the required entrance exam that you need to crack is civil services examination.

The total selection procedure by which you can join IPS is by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

Civil services examination is the common written exam to be placed in various civil services like
-IAS
-IPS
-IRS
-IFS etc. (not only for IPS).

One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized institute in order to be eligible for this course.

Candidates who have appeared for final year exams of Graduation course and waiting for the result can also apply for this exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation when they appear for Interview.

You should be in the age group of 21-30 years in order to be eligible for this exam.
Relaxation will be provided in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Have good preparation for this exam as plenty of time is there in your hands for preparation.

Apply for this exam in the final year of your B.Tech itself and crack it.

Wish you all the best.

To know the updated information on this exam, you can just visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
9th June 2012, 06:18 AM
mnbgvs

Default Re: Am I eligible for IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

As you are student of B.tech, after completing this degree course you will be eligible to apply for the exam called Civil Service exam, by clearing that only you can become IPS officer.

Civil Service Exam is the common exam for all the Indian Civil Services, This exam is conducted by UPSC.

One more important thing to keep in mind is you should also get 21 years of age while you are applying because that is the minimum eligible age expected by UPSC.

So once after getting your degree certificate and required age you will be eligible to appear for the exam.

Application procedure for Civil Service Exam

->you have to apply for it after a notification.
->You will get application form in few head post offices where you can buy and fill the necessary details and apply in offline method.
->you can also apply online with this link www.upsconline.nic.in
->after that you will receive hall ticket for CSAT you need to get ON to the exam on the exam day.

That is how you need to apply for the Civil Service Exam.

For more information you need to be regularly updated with
->UPSC official website at www.upsc.gov.in
->Some National Dailes like "THE HINDU"
->Famous Employment News papers like Employment News or Hindi Version ROZGAR SAMACHAR.
->Through Internet Groups and forums.
etc.,

Complete your B.Com and start your preparation for UPSC Civil Service Exam to become IPS Officer

all the best for everything.
9th June 2012, 08:24 AM
Unregistered

Sir my question is than i am not complite my 12th but after 10th Diploma Degree can i elligeble for IPS EXAM
9th June 2012, 08:32 AM
singh.dharm

Sir my question only is that after 10+Diploma+Degree in civil engineering can attend the IPS or not because i am not complite my 12th and after Diploma i get the addmission in 2nd year B.tech so plz clearyfi it plz
9th June 2012, 10:47 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

To give the IPS exam you should be a minimum graduate in any discipline.

Height should be minimum 165 cm if you are a male candidate.

Chest- 84 cm

You have to give the exam conducted by the UPSC.

You can give the exam at the most for four times.

So after completing your B.Tech course you can sit for the IPS exam.

For more information log onto this website:- www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck
9th June 2012, 11:47 AM
singh1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh.dharm View Post
Dear Sir
i am a student of 2nd year of B.tech in civil engineering before this i was complite my Diploma in civil engineering after 10th class can i elligible for attend IPS exam percentage are above 50% and below 60%
Dear Aspirant,

A complete degree is required for apply in the IPS examination.

You are in the 2nd year of Your graduation, So before completing the Graduation you can't apply for the IPS examination.

And no limitation of marks in the Examination of IPS.

For more detail you can visit the website of UPSC:

www.upsc.gov.in

with all good wishes
9th June 2012, 12:22 PM
Avanti1

i am in 2nd year of B.tech in computer engineering .. i wanted which entrance exams can i give if i want to do MBA after graduation in
India
9th June 2012, 02:57 PM
sibojyoti

Dear Friend,
You will be eligible to appear for the IPS exam, only after youcomplete your B.tech successfully, since the minimum criteria for appearing at the aforesaid exam is Graduate from a recognized University in India.
With Regards
Sibojyoti
9th July 2012, 11:54 AM
singh.dharm

Dear Sir ji
plz clear my dought about IGNOU B.tech can i take admission in any reputed PG course
9th July 2012, 11:58 AM
singh.dharm

Dear Sir ji
plz clear my dought about IGNOU B.tech can i take admission in any reputed PG course in india's reputed collage
9th July 2012, 12:06 PM
singh.dharm

Dear Sir
plz clear my dought about IGNOU B.tech. can i take admission in any reputed PG collage for complite my seniour degree in civil engineering or can i apper in indian civil serveses exam after compliting B.tech from IGNOU
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?