30th December 2014, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

Being a B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 4th year student, can I appear in Indian Engineering Service exam?

sir,
i am pursuing btech 3rd year (civil engineering ) ,
next year i want to write indian engineering service exam
i would like to know that do i am eligible
for that exam written in 4 th year ?

Related Questions:
  1. When can I write Indian Engineering Service exam? Which coaching center is best for me in Hyderabad
  2. Is a student of B.Tech final year eligible to attend the Indian Engineering Service Exam?
  3. Eligibility to appear in Indian Engineering Service exam for B.Tech(Electronics Engineering) student?
  4. How can I apply for IES if I am a M.Com graduate
  5. Eligibility criteria for PO Exam being a candidate of pursuing 4th year of Engineering?
  6. Eligibility to appear in Indian Engineering Service exam for B.Tech(ECE) final semester student?
  7. How can I join Military Engineering service? I am a final year engineering student
  8. Exam pattern and syllabus for IAS entrance exam? I am a 4th year engineering student in ECE -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Am I eligible for CDSE, UES, Indian Army entrance exam? I am pursuing mechanical engineering 3rd year
  10. Are final year Environmental Engineering students eligible for Engineering Service Exam conducted by UPSC?
  11. What should I do to join Military Engineering Service after passing Bachelor of Engineering?
  12. How can I prepare for Indian Engineering Service exam
  13. Difference between IES and Engineering Service Examination? Am I eligible for both the exams? Can I buy 2 separate forms for both the exams?
  14. Am i eligible to join Indian Army after completing diploma in electrical engineering in 4th semester?
  15. Does IES has scope for electrical engineers?
  16. Previous year question papers of Indian Engineering Service exam for Civil Engineering?
  17. What are the options available after B.Tech? I am a 4th year student of electronics and instrumentation engineering
  18. How to apply for any job in computer science and engineering in Railway Board? I am a student of 4th year computer science and engineering
31st December 2014, 12:08 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being a B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 4th year student, can I appear in Indian Engineering Service exam?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in Indian Engineering Services Examination when you are in final year of your Graduation degree. The IES examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year and the eligibility criteria required to appear in IES examination is mentioned below :-

Eligibility Criteria :-
1. Nationality :-
You must be a citizen of India.

2. Age Limit :-
You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

3. Educational Qualification :-
You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering stream from a recognised university. Final year candidates are also eligible to appear in IES examination.

By satisfying the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you can appear in IES examination when you are pursuing B.Tech fourth year from a recognised university.
31st December 2014, 01:34 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being a B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 4th year student, can I appear in Indian Engineering Service exam?

IES - Indian Engineering Service is very detailed and chalked out by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC), as it is the governing body for the IES.It is very important for the candidates to meet the eligibility criteria in order to write the IES exam.

ELIGIBILITY:

* The candidate applying for IES exam must be an Indian citizen.

* The minimum age attained by the candidate is 21 years and the candidate must not be more than 30 years.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:

* A candidate must have Engineering degree from a University incorporated by an Act of Central government and state legislature in India.

* The candidates must have passed the A or B examinations of the institutions.

* The candidate must have passed the Graduate membership examination of the institute of Electronic and Telecommunication of India.
19th April 2015, 09:44 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible to apply for the IES exam being a B.Tech final year student.

The eligibility criteria for UPSC Indian Engineering Services Exam are as follows:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India to apply for the IES exam .

-The candidate should have completed a Bachelor's degree in Engineering(B.E./B.Tech.) from a recognized university or any other equivalent qualification.The candidate in the final year of the degree course can apply for the exam.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the IES exam is from 21 years to 30 years as on the 1st August of the year of the examination.There is relaxation in upper age limit for OBC candidate by 3 years and for SC/ST candidates,it is 5 years.

-The no. of attempts for IES exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The exam process comprises of

*General Ability Test,

*Objective Test,

*Conventional Test,and,

*Personality Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?