11th September 2011, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IPS entrance while in 1st year B.Tech of Civil Engineering?

Sir now i am a 1st year btech student and i have optd civil engg.can i appear 4 IPS test?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  2. How to do B.Tech without appearing for entrance exam?
  3. Is there any possibility to do B.Tech without entrance exam for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  4. How to prepare for IPS entrance exam? I am a BBA 1st year student
  5. Can I be eligible to give the IPS exam after completing B.Tech 3rd year from Civil Engineering?
  6. What is the procedure to become an IPS officer? I am a 1st year BSc student
  7. Civil Services Examination Civil Engineering (Paper II) - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  8. Is it possible to start the IPS career in just 1st year of graduation? -- [New]
  9. What's the procedure to apply for IPS exam? List of the top training institutes in Noida for the same? I am persuing B.Tech(final year) with civil engineering stream
  10. What should I do after scoring 70% aggregate in Civil engineering
  11. Can I apply for IPS entrance exam after pursuing B.Com 1st year
  12. Procedure to transfer to a different college while studying in 1st year Civil Engineering in Bharat Engineering College? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How to get into top USA university after passing B.Tech 1st year in Mechanical engineering
  14. Rules and regulations for IPS and Civil engineering entrance exam? How to apply for it?
  15. Can I be eligible to study IPS after doing diploma in civil engineering?
  16. Can I take admission in B.E 2nd or 1st year after completing diploma in civil engineering?
  17. How can I join in interior designing after completion of my B.Tech 1st year
  18. Procedure for admission for 1st year in Civil Engineering after completing diploma in computer engineering?
12th September 2011, 05:28 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IPS entrance while in 1st year B.Tech of Civil Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir now i am a 1st year btech student and i have optd civil engg.can i appear 4 IPS test?
IPS Stands for Indian Police Service and To Become IPS Officer you need to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination. This examination was Conducted by UPSC Every year, The examination was Held in 2 Stages - Preliminary and Mains.

>> Firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary examination Only then You are eligible for Main examination. The Preliminary examination are Objective and there are 2 Papers in this examination, Those who cracked the Preliminary examination are eligible to choose the Optional Subject for Main examination.

>> To apply for this examination you need to complete your Graduation degree course in any discipline form a recognised University.

>> Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for this examination.

>> So, If your age should between 21 to 30 years then you are eligible to apply for this examination. There is No minimum Percentage eligibility to apply for this examination.

But You are Pursuing your 1st Year B.tech course then sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, So please complete Your Graduation degree course and then apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

Eligible candidates may fill the application form Online By visit the official website, the Notification of this examination was Published in the Employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC website in the Month of February every year.

And If you want to get More Information then please check the UPSC website -

http://upsc.gov.in
12th September 2011, 05:43 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IPS entrance while in 1st year B.Tech of Civil Engineering?

Quote:
Hello friend,
Being the first year student, you won't b eligible to apply for the Indian Police Service. To get into the IPS, you will have to qualify the civil service examination conducted by the UPSC.
To be eligible for the exam, you must have either qualified the final year examination of your bachelors degree program or you should be atleast in the final years of your program.
As far as the stream is concerned, a graduate in any discipline is eligible to write the exam.
The minimum eligible age is 21 years.
The maximum age limit is 30 years.

So, first of all, you must complete your graduation to be eligible for the civil service exam. In the mean time, you must start preparing for the exam based on the syllabus and previous years question papers of the civil service exam.
12th September 2011, 06:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candiadte have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candiadte is 3years and for SC/ST candiadte is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

1st year student are not eligible for IPS exam. After completion of your graduation you are eligible for IPS exam.

thanks
12th September 2011, 07:08 PM
saugata2008

To be an IPS officer you have to be go through a IAS exam .IAS is conducted by UPSC .
Eligibility criteria for the exam -
1. Graduation from any recognized university .
2. Age limit = 21 to 30 years .
3. Candidate should be a citizen of India .
4. Number of permissible attempt = 4 times .
5. Final year students of graduation also can apply .

As you are a student of first year ,so you have to wait till the final year to apply for the exam .

Thank you
12th September 2011, 09:19 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
No,you are not eligible to apply for this examination.Because the candidate should have a graduate degree from any recognized university.So you can't apply for this examination.Lets see the eligibility criteria for this examination.

Eligibility Criteria :-

Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years 1st august of the year of examination.

Age relaxation is given to the various reserved categories.

You should have a graduate degree in any discipline.

Those in the final year of graduate degree can also apply for this examination.

But your pursing your 1st year degree course.So you have no chance to appear for this examination.First complete your graduate degree and then apply for this examination.The application forms are available in two ways : Online or Offline

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
12th September 2011, 11:19 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

dear friend
there are some criteria for this exam .
* the candidates should be a graduate from any discipline.
*the age limit 22 - 30 yrs.
relaxation for sc / st & obc candidates.
the books are below what you can read for exam

good luck...........
13th September 2011, 11:45 AM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
If you want to join Indian Police Service then you have to apply for the Civil services examination conducted by UPSC.The exam is held 2 Stages - Preliminary and Mains.
Eligibility:
1. You need to be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University. Final year Graduate candidates can also apply.
2. Your age should be within 21 to 30 years.
3. There is no such minimum percentage eligibility.

As you are right now only in your 1st year therefore you cannot sit for the exam right now.

For all the details go through the "Employment News" or follow the website:
http://upsc.gov.in
14th September 2011, 07:27 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I appear for IPS entrance while in 1st year B.Tech of Civil Engineering?

Quote:
Eligibility for Civil Service Exams

In order to appear for the Civil Service Exams(IPS),you need to satisfy the following conditions :-

1) You should be a graduate in any stream from a recognized college..

2) you should be within the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,for OBC you should be within 21-33 years and for SC/ST you should be within 21-35 years of age..

the maximum number of attempts permissible for the general category is 4,for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

There are 2 rounds

1) Prelims:- This round will test your aptitude,general knowledge and current affairs

2) Mains :- After clearing the Prelims..you shall qualify for the Mains..where your knowledge of your graduation subjects will tested..

if you clear both the rounds then you will be called up for the interview for the final selection..

all the best..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
8th November 2011, 07:51 PM
VegaSridhar

Hi,
Being in the first year of graduation you can't attend the exam. You must complete your degree to appear UPSC exam and should have 21 years of age.

To become an IPS(INDIAN POLICE SERVICE), first thing you need to do is to apply when UPSC releases its notification. UPSC conducts the exam every year. It has three phases.
1.Prelims (Objective type):
It has two papers. One is CSAT, which includes aptitude,reading comprehension, logical reasoning,verbal ability and decision making, and the other paper is on General Studies.
You need to clear prelims in order to write Mains examination which is the second phase.

2.Mains Examination::
Once you clear the prelims, this is evident that you write Mains. This is the most crucial phase of the entire exam.As part of mains, first, you need to select two optional subjects of your interest out of the listed subjects by UPSC. You must be very thorough with these two optional subjects. You need to write one essay paper too,so you must have a very good writing skills.

And after that, you have English literature paper, Indian language paper (Telugu,Tamil,Kannada,Malayalam,Urdu,Hindi,Pali etc.) and General studies (GS) paper.

So overall you write 9 papers in the duration of 21 days. This phase contributes the maximum marks for your success.

3.Personal Interview::

Those who clear mains examination are called for personal interview. This will be in Delhi, UPSC bhavan.You will be asked so many questions about your background, current affairs, why do you want to be an IPS, your opinion about our country, India relations with other countries and so on.

All the best
12th February 2012, 03:08 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

you have to cracked the Preliminary examination Only then You are eligible for Main examination. The Preliminary examination are Objective and there are 2 Papers in this examination, Those who cracked the Preliminary examination are eligible to choose the Optional Subject for Main examination.
To apply for this examination you need to complete your Graduation degree course in any discipline form a recognised University. Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for this examination.If your age should between 21 to 30 years then you are eligible to apply for this examination. There is No minimum Percentage eligibility to apply for this examination.
1st March 2013, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

sir i m B.TECH student of 1st year i want some book names preparation for ias
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?