2nd September 2011, 12:15 PM
sjpandi

How to become an IAS being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year in Civil Engineering?

sir i am studying 2nd year civil engineering .....i want to become IAS so help and guide me sir.......

Related Questions:
  1. Guidance to prepare for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BE in Civil Engineering? Previous 10 year Question Papers for these Exams?
  2. How to become an IAS Officer being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year ECE?
  3. Am I eligible for IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  4. In which Companies I can get Internship being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  5. How to start preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Com course?
  6. How do I prepare to become an IAS Officer pursuing BE in Civil Engineering?
  7. How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 2nd year in Civil Engineering?
  8. Which Combination of subjects is best for me for Civil Services being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year of Marine Engineering?
  9. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Engineering in IT stream?
  10. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in Indian Engineering Service for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 2nd year candidate? -- [New]
  11. Can I do internship in DLF being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year of civil? Eligibility criteria required for this?
  12. How to apply for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in Civil?
  13. How can I apply for IAS? I am pursuing B.Tech degree in mechanical engineering
  14. List of organizations offering vocational training program in winter for civil engineering students? I am pursuing B.Tech(Civil, 2nd year) degree from NIT, Durgapur
  15. How to start my preparation for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of ECE? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  16. Best course which I can opt after pursuing B.Tech with 70% aggregate? Which are the different courses in Civil Engineering?
  17. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in CSE pursuing 2nd year? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Job opportunities for B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 2nd year female candidate?
3rd September 2011, 12:03 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year in Civil Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpandi View Post
sir i am studying 2nd year civil engineering .....i want to become IAS so help and guide me sir.......
IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service and To become IAS Officer you need to apply for the UPSC Civil Services examination, This examination was Held every year, So If you are Interested in this examination then please complete your Graduation first and then you are eligible to apply for Civil services examination.

>> Final year Graduate candidates are also apply for UPSC Civil services examination. But you are Doing Now your 2Nd year engineering course, so you cant apply for this examination. So when you are Pursuing your final year Graduate degree course then you are eligible for this examination.

>> To apply for this examination your age should between 21 to 30 Years and Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

Eligible candidates may fill the Application form Online OR Offline.

Offline Application form Can be Purchased form the Post offices in India.

>> General candidates may apply OR cracked this examination within 4 Attempts, For OBC Candidates 7 Attempts And No Limits for SC/ST Candidates.

The examination was Conducted into 2 stages - Preliminary and Mains.

Firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary examination and then you are eligible to sit in main examination, the Preliminary examination are Objective and there are 2 papers in this examination , the Duration of Both the examination was Same.

>> So, If you are Interested in this examination, then please apply after completing your Graduation course and for more Information please check the UPSC Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
3rd September 2011, 12:11 AM
Sehwag6

Default Re: How to become an IAS being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year in Civil Engineering?

IAS stands for Indian administrative service.

the union public service commission conducts exams for ias in every year.

eligibility criterion:-

**educational qualification is graduation in any stream

**age limit is 21 to 30 years

**final year graduates are also apply

wait for one year and then apply

all the best
3rd September 2011, 12:20 AM
sandipk
Senior Member+

Hello friend,
i appreciate your choice, you have to prepare yourself, To appear the exam you have to compete your graduation,
Go through the attachment which contains all the exam information,
then go through your syllabus, then go through the previous year question papers,
it ll give you one basic idea .
then you refer the books whose most off the topics / chapters should be as pr the syllabus,
prepare less but should be confident about the topic / subject you read,
then if time ll be there go for more..

Good Luck~~~
Attached Files
File Type: docx IAS exam Information.docx(23.9 KB, 47 views)
3rd September 2011, 02:08 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
IAS exam is acivil service exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year..
After being a IAS officer you have to do administrative jobs..
So, if you have interest in doing administrative jobs then you can go for it.

To appear in IAS exam you have to fulfill some criteria first..
Eligibility for IAS exam:-

*The candidate must have complete the graduation form a recognized university at least.
*The candidates age should be in between 21-30 years..
There are some upper age relaxation for SC/ST and OBC category..
For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the age relaxation is 3 years.

As you have mentioned that you are in 2nd year of your B.tech course, then my suggestion is first complete your graduation with a good aggregate..
After completion of B.tech course, prepare for IAS exam..
To crack the exam you must have vast general knowledge..Try to stay in touch with the latest events those are happen in our country...
So, read daily newspaper..
All the best..
3rd September 2011, 06:32 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to become an IAS being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year in Civil Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpandi View Post
just complete your graduation and make sure that your college is a recognized college and after completing your graduation..you can sit for the Civil Service Exams (IAS) ..you should be within the age limit of 21-30 years in order to be able to appear for the exam..you have a maximum of 4 attempts..

you can join coaching or read the books available for IAS preparations..

hope this helps..
3rd November 2011, 10:44 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

Hello friend,
i appreciate your choice, you have to prepare yourself, To appear the exam you have to compete your graduation,
then go through your syllabus, then go through the previous year question papers,
then you refer the books whose most off the topics / chapters should be as pr the syllabus,
3rd November 2011, 10:45 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

Hello friend,
13th January 2012, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

hi myself raman kumar gaud and want to become an ias officer.so what should i study for ias preparation ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?