2nd July 2012, 08:37 PM
Nipun chawla

Can I be eligible to give the IPS exam after completing B.Tech 3rd year from Civil Engineering?

My name is nipun
I am from hissar haryana
I am 21.
I have yet completed my B-tech 3rd year from civil engg.
Can I eligible to gave the exam for IPS.
From where did I get the form for IPS.
N last bt not the least
which book is preferred for good preparation.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to give IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Distance Learning from KSOU?
  2. Being a B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 4th year student, can I appear in Indian Engineering Service exam?
  3. Am I eligible for IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  4. How should I aim to become a talented Civil Engineering after completing Civil Engineering? Which courses do I need to take up after Civil Engineering?
  5. What can I choose as a core subject for IAS exam in civil engineering? I am a student of B.Tech 3rd year civil engineering
  6. Can I appear for IPS entrance while in 1st year B.Tech of Civil Engineering?
  7. How to do MBA after completing B.E? I am a 3rd year B.E civil engineering student
  8. Am I eligible to do masters in interior designing after completing B.Tech in civil engineering
  9. Can I be eligible to study IPS after doing diploma in civil engineering?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for AFCAT Exam in Technical branch being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of Civil Engineering?
  11. Am I eligible to give CDSE Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  12. Am I eligible to write Civil Service Exam after completing my 2nd year engineering?
  13. Am I eligible to join Indian Police Service after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering? -- [New]
  14. How to do B.Tech after pursuing diploma in civil engineering?
  15. What is the criteria for UPSC exam after completing B.Tech?
  16. Types of exams and qualifications for Civil Engineering Student?
  17. Eligibility criteria of WBCS exam for B.Tech(CE) student from ICE?
  18. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
3rd July 2012, 07:30 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible to give the IPS exam after completing B.Tech 3rd year from Civil Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipun chawla View Post
My name is nipun
I am from hissar haryana
I am 21.
I have yet completed my B-tech 3rd year from civil engg.
Can I eligible to gave the exam for IPS.
From where did I get the form for IPS.
N last bt not the least
which book is preferred for good preparation.
IPS Stands for Indian Police services and to become IPS Officer you have to complete your graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised university, Final year appearing candidates are also apply for this examination, To become IPS Officer, you need to cracked the civil services examination and this examination is conducted in 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination.

But you are Now pursuing your 3rd year of Course, So when you are Pursuing your final year of course then you are eligible to apply for this examination.

So, please apply for this examination next year, the notification will be published soon in the month of February. Eligible candidates may fill the application form online only.

No offline application form facility is provided by UPSC, you have to fill online application form only by visit the official website i.e upsconline.nic.in

To apply for this examination, you have to attained the age of 21 years and not have attained the age of 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

Firstly, you have to cracked the preliminary examination and there are 2 papers in this examination and all are conducted in same day and both papers is objective.

So, please wait for next year notification and then fill online application form.

Please prepared well for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus only then you will be able to cracked this examination.

Best books:

## Indian Economy by Dutt & Sundram
## Pariyogita Darpan Economy Special
## Modern India by Vipin Chandra
## General Science by Tata Mc Graw Hill Guide
## Mental Ability by Quantitative Apitude by R.S. Aggarwal.
4th July 2012, 01:35 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I be eligible to give the IPS exam after completing B.Tech 3rd year from Civil Engineering?

Hai,

Yes off course you are eligible for IPS(Indian Police Service) exam, as you are completed third year b.tech, now you are in final year of b.tech graduation so you are eligible for IPS.

UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducting this exam 2 times in a year.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate should be complete graduation in any stream from a recognised university.

Percentage is not required to appear this exam.

Final year of graduation candidates are also eligible.

The candidate should be a citizen of india.

Age limits:-

The candidate age limits is 21years to 30 years,

3 years upper age relaxation for the OBC candidates,

5 years upper age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.

Selection process:-

Civil services preliminary exam,

Civil services main exam,

Personal interview.

If you have any doubt check the below website
www.upsc.gov.in

Best books to prepare this exam:-

All the best.
4th July 2012, 11:46 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you are not eligible to give IPS exam while you are pursing 3rd year Civil Engineering as the minimum academic qualification for this is Graduation in any stream.

First of all there is no specific exam as IPS exam. To become an IPS(Indian Police Service) officer, one has to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

To be eligible for IPS of Civil Service Exam, one must be an Indian National.
He should have either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.
The candidate should have possessed good Physical Fitness.

Apart from this there is minimum Physical Requirement for IPS aspiring candidate:-

HEIGHT of the Male General candidate should be 165cm while in case of Female it should be 150cm.
SC/ST Male should be 160cm while in case of Female should be 145cm.

CHEST should be 85cm for Male and 79cm for Female candidate which is expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The selection of candidate is through thee phases:-

-CSAT - CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST - PRELIMINARY EXAM
-CIVIL SERVICE MAIN EXAM
-PERSONAL INTERVIEW

As you are interested, you can apply for IPS Civil Service exam in the final year of your Engineering Degree.

For further information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th July 2012, 09:26 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands Indian Police Service
This exam counted by UPSC once a year , notification released in December month , you can see News papers , web Sites ..etc
Now You are studying B.Tech 3rd year so your not eligible for IPS exam because any degree completed candidates eligible

Educational Qualification :

A Degree in any stream from a recognized university

Nationality : Candidate must be a Indian

Age limit :

For General Candidates 21 to 30 years
For OBC Candidates 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST Candidates 21 to 35 years
For PD Candidates 21 to 40 years

Physical Eligibility :

Height :

Number of Attempts :

General Candidates : 4
OBC Candidates : 7
SC/ST Candidates L no limit

Selection Process :

Civil Service Aptitude Test / Preliminary Exam
Main Exam
Interview

15th August 2012, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

sir tell me can i apply for ips taking subjects of electronics and comm. and what arew the best books for that. my id is [email protected]
28th August 2012, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

sir plz rep to my qstn im yet to complete my btech..... but im a passed out candidate can i apply civil services xam.......
12th April 2014, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing b.tec from Karnataka state open university(k.s.o.u). I want to know this university is applicable for i.p.s entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?