15th April 2015, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Police Service after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?

Hello,
I am doing Diploma in Civil Engineering.
I want to join Indian Police Service.
Kindly let me know I am eligible or not for joining?
Waiting for your reply.

17th April 2015, 11:29 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Police Service after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?

No, you are not eligible to apply for IPS after completing diploma course. Minimum Educational Qualification to apply for IPS examination is that applicant should have passed degree course. Without finishing your degree course, you are not eligible to apply for IPS examination. Diploma is not equivalent to graduation. So, after completing degree course you are definitely eligible to apply for Indian Police Service Examination.

IPS Eligibility:

-Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification.
-Final year of degree course may also apply.
-Age should be between 21-32 years.
-Upper age limits is applicable for reserved categories.
-No percentage bar is there to apply for this examination.

More details, visit the official website: www.upsc.gov.in
18th April 2015, 06:50 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Police Service after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?

Sorry to say but you are not eligible to apply for the IPS exam with your diploma in Civil Engineering.The minimum qualification required to apply for the IPS exam is graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

UPSC conducts civil services exam for recruitment in IPS(Indian Police Services) post.

UPSC has set some eligibility criteria to apply for the civil services exam.These eligibility criteria are as under:-

-The candidate must have citizenship of India.

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for general category.The upper age limit is relaxed for OBC candidates by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The no. of attempts for the exam for general category is four times under the creamy layer,seven times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The candidate must posses a degree in any discipline from a recognized university.Final year appearing students can also apply for the exam.

-The selection procedure is conducted in different stages.These stages are;

*Preliminary Examination,

*Main examination,

*Personality Interview.
18th April 2015, 11:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am doing Diploma in Civil Engineering.
I want to join Indian Police Service.
Kindly let me know I am eligible or not for joining?
Waiting for your reply.
No, you are not eligible for Indian Police Service exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman
24th April 2015, 01:26 PM
Ashwakh

No , you are not eligible to apply for the IPS exam now .

** Remember , to apply for the ips exam , you should complete graduation from a recognised university.

So , you should go for graduation now and complete it from a recognised university.After completion of graduation , you can apply for the exam .

> Age shouldbe in between 21-30 years for general category candidates
> Age shouldbe in between 21-33 years for OBC Category candidates
> Age shouldbe in between 21-35 years for SC , ST category canddiates
> The candidate shouldbe a citizen of India

The exam will be conducting by UPSC
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?