17th July 2012, 02:39 AM
simran2283

Am I eligible for PCS Exam after completion of Graduation in Fisheries Sciences and M.Sc in Microbiology?

sir
i have done bachelor degree in fisheries sciences and M.Sc in microbiology
i want to know that m eligible for pcs exam or not ??????/

Related Questions:
  1. How should I prepare myself for PCS exam after completing MSc Microbiology? What is the syllabus of PCS exam?
  2. How to do LLB from IGNOU? What is the procedure ? I am a government employee in education department of Haryana
  3. Am I eligible for PCS having gaps in my graduation?
  4. Am I eligible to do MSc in Microbiology after completing my graduation in Zoology(Hons)? List of universities which conduct MSc in Microbiology?
  5. What is the syllabus for the entrance exam for MSc Microbiology?
  6. How to become a scientist after completing my PG in Coastal Aqaculture? Last 10 years ASRB question papers of fisheries sciences?
  7. Which are the institutes to do Integrated MSc course in microbiology or MSc in microbiology? What is the syllabus and minimum marks required in graduation?
  8. Should I do BSc life sciences or BSc Microbiology? Is it possible to do MSc Biotechnology after BSc Life Science?
  9. How can I apply for PCS exam to do BSc Hons in Microbiology? Which field should I choose?
  10. What career option should I opt after completion of my B.Sc(In Microbiology)? Should I pursue M.Sc in microbiology?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for IAS after completion of Graduation in Liberal Art? -- [New]
  12. What is the salary for MSc Microbiology or Ph.D Microbiology? What are the different career options after MSc or Ph.D in Microbiology?
  13. How to do Ph.D in Microbiology after completing MSc Microbiology?
  14. Can I study Ph.D in Archaeology after completing M.Sc(Bioanalytical Sciences)?
  15. Eligibility for M.Sc(Microbiology) after B.Sc(Microbiology) and DMLT nearly 18 years ago? Subjects to be opted for M.Sc?
  16. Which course should I take in MSc Medical Microbiology, MSc Clinical Microbiology and MSc Microbiology? Difference between the three?
  17. Is Msc Computer Science Student eligible for writing CSIR-UGC Net Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Which course is preferred after completing B.Sc in MLT, either M.Sc(medical microbiology), M.Sc(clinical microbiology), M.Sc(microbiology)? List of universities offers these courses?
29th July 2012, 08:24 PM
archanagalenka

Default Re: Am I eligible for PCS Exam after completion of Graduation in Fisheries Sciences and M.Sc in Microbiology?

[FONT=Times New Roman]Eligibility Criteria for a PCS Exam

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman]Educational Qualification

[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]The candidate must have a graduation degree from a recognized university or institution.
The candidate must have choosen Punjabi as one of the cumpulsory or optional subject in his/her matriculation.

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman]Age Criteria for PCS

[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]The age of applicant should not lie below 21 and above 35 years.
For Punjab Police Service the candidate should not be below 21 and should not be above 28 years.
There is a provision of age relaxation upto 5 years for SC/ST Candidate for DSP post.
For widows and Divorcees upper age limit is relaxable up to 40 years
For physically challanged candidate the maximum age limit is 45 years.

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman]Physical Standard Requirement for PCS

[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]Minimum height of Men: 5'.7"
Minimum height of Women: 5'.3"
Chest Measurement for Men (Expanded): 341/2"
Chest Measurement for Men (Unexpanded): 33"

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman]Number of Permissible Attempts

[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]For Normal Candidates - 4 Attempts
For Ex-Servicemen -3 Attempts.
As you can see that there are no any criteria where any marks requirement is mentioned so don't worry for marks and just see the eligibility criteria mentioned above and decide whether you are eligible or not.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]How to apply for PCS Exam?[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Aspiring candidates can apply only on the OMR Sheet provided with "The Information Brochure", available at the Reception Counter of the Commission during Office hours on working days..
The Cost of "Information Brochure" is Rs.500/- (including OMR Sheet and Syllabus.)

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]PCS Exam / Punjab Civil Services Exam Pattern

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]The PCS/ Punjab Public Service Commission exam comprises of :
1. Written Examination in compulsory and optional subjects and
2. Viva-Voce

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]PCS Exam /Punjab Civil Services Exam Syllabus

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]The following will be the subjects for the written examination:
Compulsory:
1. English and English Essay
2. Punjabi and Punjabi Essay
3. General knowledge
Optional Subjects for Preliminary/Main
1.   History
2.   Mathematics
3.   Statistics
4.   Economics
5.   Defence & Strategic Studies
6.   Chemistry
7.   Botany
8.   Zoology
9.   Philosophy
10.   Psychology
11.   Law
12.   Political Science
13.   Geography
14.   Agriculture
15.   Geology
16.   Sociology
17.   Commerce
18.   Physics
19.   English Literature
20.   Sanskrit
21.   Urdu Language & Literature
22.   Hindi Literature
23.   Punjabi Literature
24.   Public Administration
New Optional Subjects
Computer Science
2.  Electronics Engineering
3.  Electrical Engineering
4.  Civil Engineering
5.  Mechanical Engineering
6.  Medical Science
7.  Veterinary Sciences& Animal Husbandry
8.  Management (only for mains)

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]best books required for preparing PCS Exam

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]1. Indian politics by Lakshmikanth
2. Ancient India by D.D.Kausambi’s Historical Outline
3. Medieval India By J.L.Mehta
4. General Studies Manual 2011
5. Gandhi & Subhash By B.L.Growers
6. R.P.Sharma G.K. & G.S
7. A.L. Basham's Buddhism & Jainism
8.  Public Administration by Urmila sharma and S.K. sharma
9. Civil Services Interview Success Profile & Personality Development by Dr.K.K. Sharma
10. Civil Services Success Planner by Dr.K.K. Sharma
11. The Punjab civil services rules: Volume 1, Part 1 n 2, volume 2 by Punjab (India). Dept. of Finance, Punjab (India). Finance Dept

for more info,please visit the official website
Website - [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]http://www.ppscpatiala.org/[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]

[/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=1][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=1][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=1][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?