6th August 2012, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

How to join Physiotherapy after completing 12th? What is the scope in this field?

Hi, m anu from Nepal. I have completed my +2 and now for the further study I want to join physiotherapy. So, how is the scope in this field????????/

Related Questions:
  1. Which field is best for me in Physiotherapy and Homeopathy
  2. Age limit for Physiotherapy courses? Career scope of Physiotherapy?
  3. Are there enough job opportunities in Physiotherapy?
  4. What is the scope in B.Arch field after completing 12th?
  5. Is it compulsory to do MBA after completing BMS? Any scope in it? In which field of BMS should we join?
  6. From which government college to do masters in Physiotherapy after completing Bachelors in Physiotherapy? Does AIIMS conduct masters in Physiotherapy course? Procedure to apply for the course?
  7. Is it possible to do bachelor course in Physiotherapy in aforementioned colleges?
  8. What is the way to join in marine after completing B.E CSE? Is there any scope in research in that field?
  9. Is Physiotherapy a good field in India?
  10. Which field is having good career scope between IT and Business Management to join after completion of 12th Class?
  11. Is there any scope for me after completing HR course?
  12. What is the procedure to join Indian Army after completing intermediate(physiotherapy) if I am 26 years old? -- [New]
  13. B.Pth (Physiotherapy) after diploma in D.Co.Eng?
  14. What is the scope in Physics field after completing TYBSc?
  15. Can i join MBBS after completing bachelor in physiotherapy with 1 year in clinical experience? Which are the colleges in India offering this facility? Eligibility criteria and duration of the course?
  16. BBA or BBM, what to do after 12th and which course has better scope and jobs? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can Physiotherapy be done after 12th? Cutoff marks for admission?
  18. Which course has more scope between B.Sc Botany and B.Sc Zoology? Which are the different fields that I can join after completion of 12th class with Biology and without Maths?
22nd January 2013, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to join Physiotherapy after completing 12th? What is the scope in this field?

what to do after 10th to become a physiotherapist?
23rd January 2013, 01:49 AM
saikrishna39

Thumbs up Re: How to join Physiotherapy after completing 12th? What is the scope in this field?

Students with a science background can opt for a career in physiotherapy. To become a practicing physiotherapist or be employed as a professional in a hospital or clinic, one should have a B.Sc. degree . One could also go in for postgraduation.

The basic eligibility for courses in physiotherapy is 10+2 passed or equivalent examination with physics, chemistry, biology and English. At least 50% of marks should be secured in each of these subjects. Age limit for the candidates is 17 years.

Selection : The admission to institutes is through entrance examination. There is a Common Entrance Test (CET) for the course in Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT). Admission is based mainly on CET scores.
23rd January 2013, 01:56 AM
SHARIB IZHAR

Default Re: How to join Physiotherapy after completing 12th? What is the scope in this field?

After completing 12th you can take admission in those colleges which are offering this course. This is a four year bachelor degree. If you want to become a registered PHYSIOTHERAPIST then you have to complete this course and should have this bachelor degree.

Physiotherapist treats people who are suffering physical problems caused by disease, injury, illness or ageing. Using non-surgical procedures they aim to lessen pain, improve movement, and restore functionality as much as possible to improve a client's quality of life.

Physiotherapy courses include:

Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Bachelor of Applied Science (physiotherapy)
Bachelor of Physiotherapy/Bachelor of Exercise Science

Salary Expectations
The salary of a physiotherapist varies depending on their amount of experience and level of qualifications as well as on the size and type of their employer. Generally speaking physiotherapists can expect to earn on average anywhere between 60,000 to 100,000.
23rd January 2013, 05:54 AM
siddjain93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, m anu from Nepal. I have completed my +2 and now for the further study I want to join physiotherapy. So, how is the scope in this field????????/
Dear friend,

Yes you can join Physiotherapy course after completing 12th class. The work of the physiotherapists is to help people in order to get rid off injury, illness or disability through movement and exercise, manual therapy and various other mental therapies.

Physiotherapy also teaches you to evaluate, diagnose, and treat a range of diseases, disorders, and disabilities by using various physical means and therapies. After completing 12th class you can join Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT). This is three years Bachelor's degree course.

In order to join Physiotherapy you should have completed 12th class with science stream. You should have minimum 50% marks in 12th for applying this course. The essential requirement for applying this course is that you should have Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects in 12th as compulsory subjects.

Top Colleges for BPT course:-

• Indian Institute of Health Education & Research
• Patna Medical College
• Amar Jyoti Institute of Physiotherapy
• National Institute of Health Education & Research
• National Institute of Physiotherapy & Communication Disorders
• Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Institute for Physically Handicapped
• School of Physiotherapy, S S G Hospital
• Apollo College of Physiotherapy
• Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences

Now if we talk about the scope of Physiotherapy, then I want to tell you that the scope of Physiotherapy is very high and endless. Now a days every big hospitals recruit Physiotherapist with attractive salary package. Being a physiotherapist you can get job in India as well as abroad. There are various sectors in which physiotherapist get recruited. Some of the sectors in which you can get job are:-
  • Educational Institutions
  • Rehabilitation Centers for the Handicapped
  • Fitness Centers
  • Defense Medical Establishments
  • Private Clinics
  • Physiotherapy Equipment Manufacturers
  • Hospitals
  • Sports Training Facilities
  • Orthopedic Departments
  • Schools for the Mentally Retarded and Physically Disabled Children
  • Health Institutions
3rd April 2013, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

I just completed 2 and I am looking for physiotherapy .how can i find good college.
18th April 2013, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

physiotherapy is good line in india?
19th April 2013, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

Hi i m kawar from nepal i have completed my 12th before 2 years n i got 45%
in science stream and now i want get addmisson in BPT in new delhi.
Is that course possible for me?
Plzzzzz answer me fast as soon as possible
11th May 2013, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: How to join Physiotherapy after completing 12th? What is the scope in this field?

hey anu my name is pooja im from delhi and I also want to know about it plz help me
25th May 2013, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

Hi i m jhalak sathwara from gujrat.i have compleleted 12th science and i got 35% in science stream and now i want get addmisson in physiotherapy course.is that course possible for me?
25th May 2013, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

Hey anu i m megha from mumbai i have completed with my 12 but the results have nt yet declared so is it possible to start bpt course plzzzzzzz let me know soon
31st May 2013, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Hii m prajakta.. i want to knw the main coursesafter 12th in physiotherapy? Pleasesuggest mee?
31st May 2013, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

hi,m Mrudula from maharashtra i want to know about physiotherapy colleges in maharashtra
7th June 2013, 03:02 AM
Unregistered

i am sakshi,i want to know that i am passed 2 with maths,physics,chemistry and i want to do physiotherepy course so what can i do in that......
7th June 2013, 03:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For joining Bachelor Degree course in Physiotherapy you have to pass 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with at least 50% marks.

The admission into top Institutions will be based on the entrance examination and those who get good rank will get admission into top colleges

The course is usually of 4 years duration which is Bachelor in Physiotherapy. After completion of this course you can get job in mainly Hospitals, Sports and Fitness etc.

Physiotherapy is used as an alternative treatment and most of the Hospitals have Physiotherapy sections where patients are treated.

Sports nowadays is incomplete without Physiotherapy and every sportsperson need a physiotherapist to care of injuries.

You can work in following places after completion:

-Out-patient clinics

-Community health care centers

-Primary health care centers

-Fitness centers or Health clubs

-Occupational health centers

-Special schools

-Senior citizen centers

Some of the top Physiotherapy colleges in India are:

-Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Institute for Physically Handicapped

-School of Physiotherapy, S S G Hospital

-Apollo College of Physiotherapy

-Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences

-Indian Institute of Health Education & Research

-Patna Medical College

-Amar Jyoti Institute of Physiotherapy

-National Institute of Health Education & Research

-National Institute of Physiotherapy & Communication Disorders
16th July 2013, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

plz list the name of best collages for bpt in nepal and is there any scholarship program for this subject in collages??
18th September 2013, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

i got 73.54 percnt marks in 12th qaulifying exam.in which phisiotherapy colleges in hyderabad im eligible???
27th November 2013, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

Sir can i do BPT?? I hav passed 2nd pu PCMC 50%?? M a computersci student!
22nd December 2013, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

how many years it takes exactly to finish BPT and join for good salary after 12th
22nd December 2013, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

Plz tell me best clg in mumbai for bpt???
21st January 2014, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

hello sir i just wanna ask that iam going to give examination of my 12th board exam iam a science student soo how much percentage i should have to become a good physiotherapist.
11th February 2014, 06:25 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: How to join Physiotherapy after completing 12th? What is the scope in this field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
answer ; am poovaiah, i thk it is good in scope. if u r master it will be better.. and u get good salary up to 34000 rs.. thankew
22nd April 2014, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

I juz finishd my 12th exams i wanna join physiotherapy i pasd wit 60 percnt mark...if i'm eligible...for physiotherapy bt i didnt even rdy 4 any of the entrance exams..
17th May 2014, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

I m rani and i gave my 12th now and now i want to go for medical. Which field should i take thank you plz reply
27th May 2014, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

hy am mansi i finish my 12 study in science biology. which physioterapy collage is best from north gujrat? n how many year to camplet in physioterapy study? plz.. reple fast
28th May 2014, 08:39 AM
Unregistered

Hi i m Satish, i want to study bpt corse, which is the best university for this corse??
31st May 2014, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

I have just completed 12th science n I got 45% . can I get admission in physiotherapy?
4th June 2014, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

As u say....senior membr i agree dat!it is a good field .

Bt recntly in newspapr..i heard....physiotherapist has..salary 15000 to 30000........as i assure gud advice frm you wl u sae....wat iz prcntly rating fo physiotherapy..as if i do course i m wastng my money!!!!!...........with lots of faith m askng...guide me correctly...waitng fo ua answr
21st June 2014, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

i got 73.38 percentage in HSC examination can i get addmission in goverment physiotherapy college
6th July 2014, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

hi m shashiranjan from pune, i have completed my 10th and i have a aim to be a physiotherapist so i would like to know about the course period of BPT AND MPT plzzzzzz.ans me
15th November 2014, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I am pmt student I am passe12th with 58% I want to advision in physiotherapy college... But in physics and chemistry I have less marks than 50% .so what I am do. s 1
29th May 2015, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

I am shivani n i completed my 12 frm sci stream i scored 55% overall so shall i get admission in physiotherapy
1st August 2015, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

Sir I want to about which best course for girls sir I select optometry ,physiotherapy , and BE cse . Which one best please said that sir I want your answer seriously
23rd August 2015, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i have completed my intermediate with 69.7 percent so i have to do bpt in hyd which college wants to select in counseling plsss ans me sir
11th September 2015, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

Presently,i m in std 12th n opt to have career in physiotherapy....please let me know about bpt n mpt courses in Mumbai and also tell me government colleges in Mumbai...please tell me as soon as possible
17th January 2016, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Current am in class 12.am interested in joining physiotheraphy and after completing class 12 what to do?
20th April 2016, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir
I have clear diploma mechanical after post diploma industrial safety. So please guide me. Physiotherapy course.

Regards
barotj714@gmail .com
15th May 2016, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

I have completed diploma in physiotherapy from up medical facility I want regestr how can regestr from whr
22nd May 2016, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

I have passed 12 with 75 % I wanted to know. About the fee structure and what can I do in medical field
26th May 2016, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have passed the 57% in 12th which clg is best fr me in BPTh???? sir pls rply
27th June 2016, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

What is the overall cost of doing physiotherapy course..tell me sir plzzz
30th July 2016, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

How to be sports physiotherapist I have completed my 12th I want some knowledge about it
11th September 2016, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Name of colleges situated in punjab or entrance exam date in 2017
5th November 2016, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of 12th class. l have opted for science but I don't have maths. I want to be a physiotherapist . what should I do after 12th.
2nd May 2017, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Whether physiotherapy having entrance exam or not? Some else says Yes and some else says that no.
26th May 2017, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Is it important to give NEET to gain admission in colleges for physiotherapy?
10th July 2017, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

How to join physiotherapy I got 78 per in inter and eamcet rank is 48000 I want to do physiotherapy plz say to suggestion of me
12th September 2017, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

I have done my 12 Science & pursuing 1st year B.Sc. I am more interested to become Physiotherapist & I heard that there is one institute where student can work under the experienced doctors(Physiotherapist) & for that,they pay some compensation. Does anyone have any idea about it? I'm based out in Pune.
2nd June 2018, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

12th class In distance mode like national Institute of open school (NIOS) Andhra Pradesh open school(APOSS)&Telangana state open school (TSOS) these are eligible for physiotherapy course?
29th May 2019, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Hi I have passed my 12th with 57% I got 63 in biology, 42 in physics and 41 in chemistry So can I do physiotherapy?? Please reply asap
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?