29th August 2012, 11:02 AM
tanika_hans

Which subject should I choose for UGC NET Exam being a candidate pursuing MBA in Finance?

im doing mba in finance my major subject is finance and minor is hrm i want to appear in ugc net exam
tell me what subject i should choose to be appear and what are the most perfect subjects to be choosen from ?
also send me syllabus for them

29th August 2012, 06:58 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I choose for UGC NET Exam being a candidate pursuing MBA in Finance?

There are two subjects which MBA passed students can take for NET examination.

These are
1. Labour Welfare/Personnel Management/Industrial Relations/ Labour & Social Welfare/Human Resource Management
and
2. Management (This includes Business Admn. Mgt./Marketing/ Marketing Mgt./Industrial Relations and Personnel Mgt./ Personnel Mgt./Financial Mgt./Co-operative Management)

As you have done MBA in Finance(major) so the later subject (i.e. Management) suits
best to you.

To become eligible for the exam you must secure at aleat 55% marks in the MBA.
You can get 5% relaxation in the minimum percentage of marks criteria, if you fall
in SC/ST/PH/VH category.

The syllabus for the Managment paper is attached herewith.
Refer it for your preparation.

The UGC-NET exams are generally conducted in December and June months every year.

All the announcement and/or notices are published on UGC-NEt website and in
Employment News weekly.

http://www.ugcnetonline.in/
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UGC-NET Management Syllabus.pdf(856.5 KB, 2636 views)
29th August 2012, 08:18 PM
i am sure
Member+

Default Re: Which subject should I choose for UGC NET Exam being a candidate pursuing MBA in Finance?

Net eligibility

Those candidate completed his post graduation with 55% eligible For NET exam.

NET subject

01 Economics
02 Political Science
03 Philosophy
04 Psychology
05 Sociology
06 History
07 Anthropology
08 Commerce
09 Education
10 Social Work
11 Defence and Strategic Studies
12 Home Science
14 Public Administration
15 Population Studies*
16 Music
17 Management
18 Maithili
19 Bengali
20 Hindi
9th October 2012, 03:07 AM
Unregistered

which subject to choose for ugc net exam if i am pursuing mba in information technology ? should i choose computer application or management ?? but my subject doesn't seem to be mentioned under the management section?
27th October 2012, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

I've completed MBA in HR Marketing in 2009 and also having 3years of experience in Sales(1year) and administration. which subject I'd select for NET
31st October 2012, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

I have done M.A english and MBA both can I choose management and english both subject in NET exam
17th February 2013, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

How mäny percentage get in t.y..com for joint to ma?
17th February 2013, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

How mäny percentage get in t.y..com for joint to ma?

Which is the best college in jamnagar for m.b.a
17th February 2013, 04:23 PM
Beawar

Dear..

Its good to see your interest towards UGC NET exams as good and qualified teacher is the main thing that now a days our college and universities required. If you are a MBA as you said in your question then you can directly go for the exam as you are already a post graduate.

Eligibility :-

NET Eligibility is as follows :-

1. Candidate must be an Indian citizen
2. Candidate from any stream are eligible
3. You must have a post graduate degree
4 Minimum percentage required is 55%
5. Relaxation is available to reserved category
6. Age limit is 28 years or less

Now the next problem that many of MBA graduates feel is that there are no subjects that can match to what you have studied in your MBA so in that case the best thing you can do is either choose that you studied in your graduation or else go for the management subject

Subject Management
Code :- 17

Pattern :-
There will be 3 Papers in two session and they will be conducted on the same day. Paper will be as given below :-

Paper I :- General awareness, Mental ability and comprehension
Paper II :- Based on the subject selected by the candidate
Paper III :- Based on the subject selected by the candidate

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
17th February 2013, 06:07 PM
royal@m

Hi,
University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test acronym as UGC NET is taken by UGC twice in a year for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the:
*. Award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF)and/or
*. Eligibility for Lectureship in Indian universities and colleges.
This test is conducted in nearly 78 (Seventy Eight ) subjects at 77 (Seventy Seven) selected University Centers spread throughout the country.
Those candidates who qualify this test for the award of Junior Research Fellowship are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or any of the related subjects and are also eligible for Lectureship in the Indian Institutions. However award of JRF depends upon the performance of the candidate¡¯s performance in the test and the option they has opted for as the candidates qualifying exclusively for Lectureship will notbe considered for award of Junior Research Fellowship.
The validity period of the offer is two years w.e.f. the date of issue of Junior Research Fellow Award Letter. But in case the candidates have already joined some higher educational course like M.Phil/Ph.D., the date of commencement of fellowship shall be from the date of declaration of Net result or date of their joining, whichever is later.
Candidates appearing in Net should clearly specify in the prescribed application form whether they are applying for both Junior Research Fellow & eligibility for Lectureship OR only for eligibility for Lectureship

Educational Qualification:
Aspirants who have secured minimum of 55% marks in Masters Degree OR equivalent examination from a recognised Universities/Institutions in Arts, Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are eligible for taking this test.
However there is a relaxation of 5% marks for The Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/Physically Handicapped (PH)/Visually Handicapped (VH) category candidates in Masters Degree examination for being eligible in taking this test.
Candidates who have already appeared / willbe appearing at the qualifying Masters degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for UGC-NET exam on provisional basis and shall be considered eligible for award of Junior Research
7th March 2013, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

can finance and markets students apper for net???
18th April 2013, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

I had completed MBA in Information Technology .which subject should i choose for UGC NET 2013. Please reply me and also send me the syllabus for the subject.
21st May 2013, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

I am an architect and did my Masters in Urban Planning. Can you suggest me if I can take this test and if yes, then what are the subjects I can choose?
21st May 2013, 04:25 PM
akanksha_nitt

Hello, I am an architect planner, completed my masters in Urban Planning. Am I eligible for appearing in UGC JRF& UGC NET? and if yes then what all subjects I can opt for?
31st May 2013, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Hello, i have done my MBA in Tourism. What subject i can choose for net as i dont want tourism subject for net. So please guide can i choose other management subject for net examination? Please reply ASAP so i can start my preparation. Thanks
3rd June 2013, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

Which subject should I choose for UGC Net Exam being a candidate passed B. Sc. (Agri) & MBA in Human Resources?
11th July 2013, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

Iam MBA, which subjects can i choose in NET exam, what are the subjects which an MBA graduate can choose
3rd September 2013, 09:00 AM
Unregistered

i have done MBA in MARKETING and want to apply for net exam . i took coaching for ias exam from vajiram and ravi new delhi .from that institute i learned sociology so i want to apply net exam with sociology . Am i eligible?
14th October 2013, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

can i appear in UGC NET in population studies but having post graduation in economics
9th December 2013, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

Which subject should I choose for UGC NET Exam being a candidate Completed M.com in (finance & tax) and being a CA..? Sonia
7th January 2014, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Hi, i have done MBA in healthcate services, which subjects i can
Take up for net exams!
16th January 2014, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

Hi, i have done MBA in Total Quality management, please suggest me which subjects to opt for..
31st January 2014, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

I done M.B.A. in marketing management I have question for Paper III is that All elective subject i have to choose or only one is marketing or finance or hrm.

Please guide me
25th February 2014, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Which subject should i choose for UGC NET being a post graduate in the field of commerce?
28th March 2014, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

which subject i choose for UGC net exam being a candidate pursuing MBA in HR?
28th March 2014, 12:20 PM
prince joy

which subject i choose for ugc net exam being completed mba in hr?
15th April 2014, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

I am doing MBA in sales & marketing and I wanted to p.hd in Economic is there is possible . can apply for net exam
6th June 2014, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects can i choose being a commerce graduate and pursuing MSW (Master of Social Work) ?
24th June 2014, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

I am doing final year mba technology manage ment.which subject I select for UGCNET exam?
26th June 2014, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

I have done MA in Education. Can I take psychology as my subject for net exam?
23rd October 2014, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

I AM DINESH KUMAR COMPLETED MY MBA FINANCE AND MARKTING I AM ELIGIBLE UGC NET EXAM
13th November 2014, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

i did my MBA in HR & Marketing (dual Specialization), can i take NET in labour welfare i.e code 55?
20th January 2015, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

Hello, i am komal and i have completed my company secretaryship and m.com. so plz suggest me ugc net subject. plzzzzz...
21st January 2015, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

hi i am doing M.sc in Financial Economics. can u please suggest me which subject should i opt for? in our course the focus is mainly on finance. economics is destressed
5th March 2015, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

Respected all,I wanted to ask that if i have done MBA in International Business and HR, which is more suitable for me.Opting for Management or IR/HR in UGC net exam.Please advise.Also by enrolling for management what all subjects i am eligible to teach...Thanks in advance
27th May 2015, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir/Madam i completed MCA but I opted English as a subject in NET exam while applying. Hence is this possible to write exam for which i opted..
1st August 2015, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my post graduate in economics with 58% marks. I have also completed my post graduate diploma in advertising and public relation with first class. I want to take sociology/ journalism and mass communication as my subject for UGC net exam. Can I do so ?
send me the answer in my email id : [email protected]
7th August 2015, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

Which subject should I choose after completing MBA in Information Technology. Is it management or information technology. Plz reply
17th August 2015, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

which subject should i choose for CSIR-UGC NET Dec 2015 exam being a candidate pursuing B.Tech in Biomedical Engg?
18th August 2015, 06:55 PM
Career advisor

You should take the subjects which you have more interest,as you are finance student in MBA so you should take subjects related to finance like finance management.
You can also take subjects like *Administration Management
*Marketing Management
*Co-operative Management etc
But to appear in the NET exam you must have 55% in PG,if you are a category candidate.However 5% marks relaxation is given to the reserved categories.
5th September 2015, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

I had finished my m.com in marketing which subject I can take for net. Examination.
18th September 2015, 03:14 AM
Unregistered

I have done m.com and now can i choose management as a subject for ugc net exam..
Plzz rply soon..
Mail id:- [email protected]
8th October 2015, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

I have done m.com from business administration group which subject sholu i choose in ugcnet exam commerce or management
11th October 2015, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

I have done Master of International Business, so can I apply for NET in International & Area Studies (90).

Kindly confirm
2nd February 2016, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir
I have done post graduate with 36 years age.Am I eligible for UGC NET?
10th February 2016, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have done my pg with maths so which subject should i have to choose in net exam
30th April 2016, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

I have done mba in information system management from.smu. Which and howmany subjacts I can choose for ugc net exam
22nd June 2016, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

I have done m com in business administration..can I opt management as subject for net????
24th June 2016, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

which subject should I choose for UGC NET exam as i completed my M.Sc Textile and apparel design?
29th December 2016, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Am doing MBA pursuing for second year with hr specialization can I apply for UGC net exam 2017 and which subject is suitable for me for net exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?