4th September 2012, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

Can i join Air Force with commerce?

i'm commerce student and i want join field of air force so plz tell me can i join and what have to i do for this afer 12th ??

5th September 2012, 10:50 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i join Air Force with commerce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i'm commerce student and i want join field of air force so plz tell me can i join and what have to i do for this afer 12th ??
Hey friend,

Being a Commerce Student in +2 and aspiring to join in Defence force which is Indian Air Force is not possible as you are not eligible for joining in it

The reason behind it is regarding the education qualification which you are possessing as you need to write the entrance exam to join in Indian Air Force with having completed +2 and the exam which you need to write is the NDA Exam

There are criteria's which are framed for the exam and as per that the education qualification which you need to possess in order to apply for the exam to join in Indian Air Force is that you need to have completed +2 with Physics and Mathematics as subjects

But you having completed +2 in Commerce stream makes you ineligible for applying for the exam.

If you are so much interested in serving the country then you can apply for the exam for joining in Indian Army as you are satisfying the needed education qualification for it and the other criteira's which you need to satisfy along with it are:

>> You need to be a citizen of India

>> You need to be a unmarried male candidate

>> The age limit needed is that you need to have 16 1/2-19 years

>> You need to be physically fit while appearing for the exam as it is important

If you satisfy them all then you are eligible for applying for the exam.

For more information check at the official site of UPSc at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
5th September 2012, 11:21 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

No,you are not eligible for IAF

The three branches of the Air force are Flying, Ground duty and Technical branch.

Required Eligibility For IAF

10+2 / Intermediate for Flying branch.

graduates for all three branches.

engineers for all three branches

and postgraduates for all branches except the Flying branch.

Candidate should be a citizen of India.
5th September 2012, 11:30 PM
koppula.haritha

You have not mentioned your Educational Qualification, But I assume that you have completed your Graduate degree course in Commerce from a recognized University.

If you have a commerce candidates then you are only apply for Ground Duty Branch of AFCAT.

AFCAT stands for "Air force Common Admission test" and this examination is Conducted every year and to apply for this examination you have Complete your Graduate degree course from a recognized University with Minimum 60% Marks. Eligible candidates may apply for these Branches as per your Preference.

Flying Branch
Technical Branch
Ground Duty Branch.

But as a commerce candidates, you are only apply for Ground Duty Branch, To apply for Ground Duty Branch, you have to complete your Graduate degree course with minimum 60% marks and Post graduate degree course with minimum 50% marks.

The last date of apply for this examination was already over on 13/Jan/2012, so you cant apply for this examination now because last date was already over.

You are Not apply for CDS Examination of Air force wings because You have not completed your Graduate degree course with Maths and Physics as a compulsory Subjects. So you are only eligible to apply for AFCAT examination. You are eligible to apply for these given Posts :
Administration and Logistic
Accounts

You must be Physically fit to apply for AFCAT Examination. So, If you are Interested in AFCAT Examination, then please apply for this examination Next Time.

So, Please Prepare well for AFCAT Examination well, Only then you will be able to cracked this examination.

You will get 100 Questions in the examination and all the questions will be of 3 marks each. For every correct answer you will get 3 marks and for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.

The question in this examination will be asked from these areas :

General Awareness : History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc.

Verbal Ability in English : Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.

Numerical Ability : Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit & loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple interest.

Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test : Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
11th September 2012, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

I want join Indian army what can i do?
11th September 2012, 06:37 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
you can not join air force with commerce subject.

you can join air force by applying these exam;-
1-nda
2-cds
3-acat

NDA EXAM STANDS FOR NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY WHICH IS CONDUCTED BY UPSC TWICE AN YEAR.

NDA EXAM IS CONDUCTED INTO THREE WINGS;-
1-INDIAN ARMY
2-INDIAN NAVY
3-INDIAN AIR FORCE

NDA EXAM ELIGBLITY;-

1-you must be passed 12 th standard from a recognized university.
pcm subject for indian indian air force
2-age limit is 16.5-19 years.
3-you must be unmarried man and indian citizen

for more;-
upsc.gov.in
11th September 2012, 08:33 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

[IMG][/IMG]

Iam really sorry to say this you are not eligible for Indian Airforce but you are eligible for Indian Army, because only Science streams (i mean physics, mathematics and chemistry) students can only eligible for Indian airforce and navy.

Here is the total details for the NDA(National Defence Academy) examination.

NDA has three wings:-

***Indian navy,

***Indian airforce,

***Indian army.

Eligibility criteria:-

The candidates should have to complete +2 from a recognised board.

12th standard exams appearing candidates can also be eligible.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible i.e Girls are not eligible for NDA

You must be physically fit and citizen of india.

Selection steps:-

Written test,

SSB interview,

Medical test.

Physical standards:-

For more detailsCLICK HERE
14th September 2012, 12:01 PM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

*10+2 / Intermediate for Flying branch.

*graduates for all three branches.

*engineers for all three branches

*postgraduates for all branches except the Flying branch.

*Candidate should be a citizen of India.

SO YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE
18th September 2012, 06:36 PM
Arpit_30
Senior Member+

AFCAT stands for "Air force Common Admission test" and this examination is Conducted every year and to apply for this examination you have Complete your Graduate degree course from a recognized University with Minimum 60% Marks. Eligible candidates may apply for these Branches as per your Preference.

Flying Branch
Technical Branch
Ground Duty Branch.

But as a commerce candidates, you are only apply for Ground Duty Branch, To apply for Ground Duty Branch, you have to complete your Graduate degree course with minimum 60% marks and Post graduate degree course with minimum 50% marks.

The last date of apply for this examination was already over on 13/Jan/2012, so you cant apply for this examination now because last date was already over.

You are Not apply for CDS Examination of Air force wings because You have not completed your Graduate degree course with Maths and Physics as a compulsory Subjects. So you are only eligible to apply for AFCAT examination. You are eligible to apply for these given Posts :
Administration and Logistic
Accounts

You must be Physically fit to apply for AFCAT Examination. So, If you are Interested in AFCAT Examination, then please apply for this examination Next Time.

So, Please Prepare well for AFCAT Examination well, Only then you will be able to cracked this examination.

You will get 100 Questions in the examination and all the questions will be of 3 marks each. For every correct answer you will get 3 marks and for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.

The question in this examination will be asked from these areas :

General Awareness : History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc.

Verbal Ability in English : Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.

Numerical Ability : Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit & loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple interest.
15th January 2013, 07:00 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Sorry to say but if you have completed 12th with commerce stream then you can not join the Indian Air Focr.

This is because in this situation , you will not be considered eligible for the NDA& NDA Examiantion.

The Union Public Service Commission conducts the NDA Examination every year in the months of April and August.

The UPSC Has set some eligibility criteria for this examination that you have to fulfill in any case.

These Eligibility Criteria are :

* you must have passed 12th with PCM from any recognized board.

* Only if you want to join Indian Army , then all stream candidates are allowed.

* your age must lie in the bracket of 16.5-19 years.

* You must have Indian Nationality.

* You must be an unmarried male.

* You must have the following Physical standards :

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
16th January 2013, 12:59 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

No, you cannot join Air Force as per as your present qualification.

You can join Air Force through NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as NDA-I and NDA-II in the months of April and August.

The eligibility criteria required for NDA examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of 12th with PCM from any recognised board; but, for Indian Army, any streams are allowed.

* Age limit- 16.5-19 yrs.

* Nationality- Indian Marital status- Single/unmarried male.

Hope the above mentioned willl help you to get the information you were searching for.
29th June 2013, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

I m girl n i m so much interest to join indian army there is any way for me n i m a commerce student please suggest me the right path way to go?
24th November 2019, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed my 12 with science stream and pursuing my graduation in bcom with recognized university is that I'm eligible for agar or cds
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?