20th September 2012, 08:18 PM
hithisisvineeth

Can I apply for GATE after doing mechanical engineering 3rd year

I am doing my Mechanical Engineering 3rd year now. Can i apply for the GATE 2013 and appear for the exam and apply for the Interviews in various companies?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I appear for GATE in 2nd year engineering just to get some idea? How often does GATE Syllabus change?
  2. Can I apply for a job after studying 3rd year mechanical engineering
  3. Best books for GATE preparation? I am a 3rd year mechanical engineering
  4. Can i apply for BPSC after studying in Mechanical Engineering 3rd year? What is the syllabus for BPSC for Mechanical Engineering
  5. Which books to refer for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year in Mechanical Engineering?
  6. Whether a B.Tech(ME) female candidate is eligible to apply for PSU? Should I have to appear in GATE?
  7. How to apply for summer internship at IIT Delhi after 3rd year Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Am I eligible to appear in GATE being a B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student? How can I find out the percentage of GATE scorecard?
  9. How to do GATE in Automobile Engineering? I am a 3rd year student in Mechanical Engineering
  10. Companies offering Industrial training programme in Mumbai for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 3rd year student? How can I apply for it?
  11. How to apply for IAF and AFCAT while studying in B.Tech 3rd year mechanical engineering
  12. 3rd summer training B.E Mechanical Engineering information?
  13. What should I prefer between GRE and GATE? I am doing B.Tech 3rd year in mechanical
  14. Mechanical engineering internship in Core companies for 3rd year?
  15. Best design softwares for mechanical engineering? I am studying 3rd year B.E mechanical engineering
  16. Summer training in DMRC, BHEL, ONGC, NBCC ,IOCL ,L&T, ESSAR and NTPC after 3rd year B.E (Mechanical)? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Procedure to apply for Summer Internship in Tata Motors for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 3rd year student? -- [New]
  18. Procedure to apply for summer training in Indian Railways after B.Tech (Mechanical engineering) 3rd year?
7th March 2013, 10:03 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for GATE after doing mechanical engineering 3rd year

You can apply for the exam in the final year and the marks of the exam valid for two years...

And also you can apply for the company interviews..
7th March 2013, 10:29 PM
anithamarychacko
Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for GATE after doing mechanical engineering 3rd year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hithisisvineeth View Post
I am doing my Mechanical Engineering 3rd year now. Can i apply for the GATE 2013 and appear for the exam and apply for the Interviews in various companies?
Dear friend,

Pre-final year students are not allowed to appear for the GATE exam.But you can appear for GATE in the final year.The minimum eligibilty are:

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE:
-Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
-Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes..
-Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology
-Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
-Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.
-Pre-final year students are not eligible to write GATE .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?