26th December 2010, 03:39 PM
S.Krishnapriya

Can a chemical engineering student write PSU exam? From where to buy the form? Which exams to write other than GATE?

I am a Final Year Chemical Engineering Student. When I can Write PSU Exam? Where I can get the Application forms? I have Applied to GATE. Other than GATE What exams I can write?

27th December 2010, 04:12 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a chemical engineering student write PSU exam? From where to buy the form? Which exams to write other than GATE?

hi...yes you surely can write psu exams,
as an matter of fact many of the psu companies are petrochemical companies and they definitely need chemical engineers ,and because of this fact there are many job openings for chemical engineers in psus
all the best
28th December 2010, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can a chemical engineering student write PSU exam? From where to buy the form? Which exams to write other than GATE?

thank you
24th March 2011, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

what should Be the mode of preparatioN for psu (sail, iocl, Nalco...........) for a chemical eNgg studeNt
30th April 2011, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

read throughly the main papers of 2nd, 3rd and final yr..
19th May 2011, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

can you please name the psus recruiting chemical engineers?
3rd July 2011, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

when all psu exam conduct in year?
21st July 2011, 11:00 PM
praveen bisht

what are the main books for chemical that i should prefer for psu's ?
27th September 2011, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Can a chemical engineering student write PSU exam? From where to buy the form? Which exams to write other than GATE?

you can read 1.objective type questions for chemical engineering by o.p.gupda
2.m.subbu's book
3.GATE material
30th November 2011, 11:42 AM
tuntunia

hello friend

hi...yes you surely can write psu exams,
as an matter of fact many of the psu companies are petrochemical companies and they definitely need chemical engineers ,and because of this fact there are many job openings for chemical engineers in psus
all the best
12th December 2011, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

i have done my b.tech with chemical technology, can apply to psu companies, plz tell me the name of those psu companies.
1st February 2013, 06:20 PM
NUWayne

Default Need help identifying this music...Anyone??

Hi ya all,I am new here. I would need some help.
Does anyone know the artist for the background music, here:
tinyurl.com/ah34gm3
7th June 2013, 01:54 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

Yes like any other core engineering branch, chemical engineering student too can write all PSU exams provided PSU has vacancy for Chemical Engineers.

You should check newspaper as these vacancy are often shown there. Most of the forms are filled online. Some may require you to fill form online and send a copy by post.

These days, most PSU are taking candidates based on GATE score and have discontinued taking candidates based on its own exam

All the best
7th June 2013, 08:07 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Most certainly you can apply for the Public Sector Undertaking jobs. Chemical Engineers are also required by the PSU companies especially that deals in natural gas and petroleum.

Rightly so you will have to appear for the Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) to apply for job in some Public Sector Undertakings. Apart from that there is no need to appear for any other entrance exam especially if you are applying for the Public Sector Undertaking.

There are two purpose of GATE entrance exam. First is to apply for M.Tech and secondly some PSU companies have recently stop conducting written tests. Instead they will ask you to present the GATE score. Even in some private companies, GATE score is required. These are the reasons to appear for GATE entrance exam.

There is no common entrance test for the PSU job. Each company will conduct it separately and the dates, procedure to apply is also different for each company. While some companies make forms available through PSU banks, others will ask you to apply online.

You will have to check the notification of each company carefully. You will check whether there is any vacancy for the Chemical Engineer before applying for the job. The notification is published in leading newspapers as well it can be accessed through the official website of the Public Sector Undertaking.

PSU Eligibility

1. Currently PSUs are only hiring Indian citizen.

2. B.Tech degree from a recognized college.

3. At least 60 percent marks in the B.Tech course.

4. You should clear pending backlogs before applying.

5. The age limit is 21 to 30 years to appear for the exam.

6. Upper age limit is 33 years for OBC and 35 years for SC/ST.

List of PSUs

BHEL

DRDO

NTPC

ECIL

GAIL

SAIL

NALCO

ISRO

HAL

IOCL

ONGC

BPCL

HPCL

BEL

Indian Railways

Coal India
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?