23rd September 2012, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

How many government exams can I apply for after doing B.E from CS

I am doing b.e from c.s 3 year how many government exam in which i can apply.

Related Questions:
  1. If I have 62% in B.E ECE can I apply for government jobs? Which are the upcoming government exams?
  2. For which Government Jobs am I eligible to apply after completing electronics and Telecommunication? What is the criteria for government exams? How should I be updated about vacancies in Government?
  3. Opportunities available in government sector after finishing B.E from Anna University? Which are the government exams?
  4. Government job for graduate Widow? How to apply for the exams? -- [New]
  5. Opportunities in government sector after passing MCA? Details about the government exams?
  6. Tamil Nadu Government Exams -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Is there any chance to get a government job after passing B.E CSE from Anna University Affiliated College? Are there any exams conducted for that? Details about all the government exams?
  8. Any opportunity to join government sector after finishing MCA? Any exams to get a government jobs? Information about government and central government exams?
  9. Eligibility for MBBS exam after scoring 66% in MSc Zoology at the age of 26 years?
  10. Am I eligible for lateral entry in MBBS after passing BSc Biotechnology, Zoology and Chemistry? Procedure for it?
  11. Which course should I do if I am a commerce student?
  12. Date of the government exams for which I can appear after finishing B.E ECE? What are the types of government exams?
  13. How can I apply for government job after passing B.Com?
  14. Is there any possibility to get a government job after doing B.E CSE from Anna University? Which are the entrance exams?
  15. Can I apply for SSC
  16. Details about the job for final year EEE students?
  17. Job after passing out in mechanical engineering?
  18. Any chance to get a job in Government after BA and TPT(Telugu)? Details about all the government and central government exams?
24th September 2012, 12:55 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many government exams can I apply for after doing B.E from CS

There are basically two ways to get govenment job for Engineering students. First is to appear for Indian Engineering Exam and second is to apply for Public Sector Undertaking jobs. There are no other jobs in government sector that are specifically for the Engineers. Although you can apply for the other competitive exams like Civil Service Examination and the Bank PO but they are not specificially for the Engineers.

Therefore the best options for Engineers are IES or the PSU job. Unfortunately you are not eligible for Indian Engineering Exam since Computer Science Engineers can not appear for this exam. Therefore the best option for you would be Public Sector Undertaking jobs.

There are more than 150 Public Sector Undertakings in India. These companies hire B.Tech graduates in various streams including the Computer Science Engineering. Therefore you can apply for job in PSUs.

Each Public Sector Undertaking conducts exam separately. They publish the notification of entrance exam in leading newspapers including employment weekly. These notifications are also published on their official website as well on several other websites on internet. This notification has complete information like number of vacancies for a particular stream, exam dates, last date of applications etc.

Eligibility

You must have B.Tech degree to apply for PSU job.

At least 60 percent marks in B.Tech course.

There should not be any pending backlogs.

Age limit for PSU exam is 21 to 30 years.

There is 3 years relaxation for OBC in upper age limit.

SC/ST have 5 years relaxation.

Please note that some Public Sector companies have recently scrapped their written exam and instead of that they check the GATE score of the candidate. Therefore it is very important to appear for the GATE exam.

List of PSU

ISRO

BSNL

BEL

BHEL

NTPC

DRDO

GAIL
12th May 2013, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

HOW MANY GOVERNMENT EXAMS CAN I AFTER DOING B.SC(MATHS)
2nd October 2013, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

is there any option in indian railway for B.E(computer science) student
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?