5th October 2016, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do study in Earth science after BCA in USA?

I am studying BCA from a Techno India college near Kolkata and this course is under Maulana Abul Kalam Ajad University of Technology (formerly West Bengal University of Technology). After that I want to study earth science till MS in USA. Is it possible? I have got A grade from West Bengal Council Of Higher Secondary Education in Science. If possible please tell me what should I do.
Thank you

7th October 2016, 06:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do study in Earth science after BCA in USA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying BCA from a Techno India college near Kolkata and this course is under Maulana Abul Kalam Ajad University of Technology (formerly West Bengal University of Technology). After that I want to study earth science till MS in USA. Is it possible? I have got A grade from West Bengal Council Of Higher Secondary Education in Science. If possible please tell me what should I do.
Thank you
After completion of BCA course from Maulana Abul Kalam Ajad University of Technology, you are eligible for MS course from USA.

But you should qualify in GRE and TOEFL exam.

There are no specific eligibility criteria for GRE Test. This examination is open for all candidates who are willing to pursue higher degree in abroad.

Types of Graduate Record Examination test

1) Revised General Test
2) GRE Subject Tests

TOEFL stands for Test Of English as a Foreign Language.

There is no any eligibility criteria.

TOEFL exam is used to test the ability of a candidate in Reading, writing, Listening and Speaking sections of English language.
8th October 2016, 11:31 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do study in Earth science after BCA in USA?

You can definitely go for MS course in USA after completion of your BCA course. However, there are two impediments in your way.

- Most of the US universities consider 16 years of study period for MS course. Since BCA course is of 3 years period, so it is difficult to get admission unless you pursue some additional course like Post graduate diploma course or MCA.
- It is difficult to get admission in MS course in the field of Earth Science. This is because even though you are eligible for the entrance exams you might not be eligible for admission in the institutes. This is because the basic eligibility of the course is you should have pursued undergraduate course in the field of Earth Science or related fields.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?