16th February 2016, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study abroad after completion of 12th from NIOS board?

I have completed my 12th from NIOS Delhi with 52% overall and took IELTS in which i scored 6.5 overall but my query is that "Is NIOS acceptable to study abroad?" because someone told me that Embassy don't take NIOS Students for Student Visa. Also, I confirmed it with some consultants some of them said "YES" and some said "NO.

So, I want to confirm that is NIOS acceptable?

16th February 2016, 05:30 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study abroad after completion of 12th from NIOS board?

NIOS is the National Institute of Open Schooling. NIOS has same value as that of CBSE or any other state board, but in abroad many universities prefer students from CBSE over NIOS. However these institutes or universities are few so you can apply for the admission in any other university/institute which accepts NIOS students.
One of the most important thing for studying in abroad is your IELTS score. You must have to score at least minimum required bands for going abroad. So my suggestion to you is that you should concentrate on your IELTS preparation and try to score good bands in exam.
17th February 2016, 12:44 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study abroad after completion of 12th from NIOS board?

NIOS is a recognized Board so it is not a problem for you to get admission to the course Abroad as you are a student of the NIOS Board.
If an University of Abroad grants you the invite to study in their University then getting the Visa of that country will not be a problem for you.
You just need to show the letter of invite from the University along with all the required documents and your Visa will be granted.
25th July 2019, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

Why NIOS student not eligible for NON- ECR Passport?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?