24th September 2015, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Can I study in NASA to become an Astronaut being a B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) student?

Hello,
I want to become an Astronaut. I am studying in B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) in India and willing to do further study in NASA. So, I just want to know that I can study in NASA after my B.Tech?

27th July 2023, 02:31 AM
SurajPSingh

Default Re: Can I study in NASA to become an Astronaut being a B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) student?

Yes, you can study in NASA after your B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering. However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind:
  • NASA does not have a specific undergraduate degree requirement for astronauts. However, they do require that you have a strong academic record in science, math, and engineering.
  • NASA also prefers astronauts who have work experience in the aerospace industry. This experience can give you the skills and knowledge that you need to be successful as an astronaut.
  • NASA astronauts must be in excellent physical condition. They must be able to pass a rigorous physical fitness test.
  • NASA also looks for astronauts who have strong character and personality traits. These traits include teamwork, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
If you are interested in studying in NASA after your B.Tech, you should start by researching the different programs that are available. You should also start networking with people in the aerospace industry to get their advice and recommendations.
Some of the programs that NASA offers:
  • Graduate Aerospace Engineer (GAE) Program: This program is designed for students who want to become aerospace engineers. The program is offered at several universities, including the University of Texas at Austin, the University of Maryland, College Park, and the California Institute of Technology.
  • Aerospace Research Pilot Training (ARPT) Program: This program is designed for students who want to become test pilots. The program is offered at the Air Force Test Pilot School in Edwards, California.
  • Astronaut Candidate Program: This program is designed for students who want to become astronauts. The program is offered at the Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas.
The requirements for each program vary, so you should carefully review the requirements before you apply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?