28th January 2014, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility Criteria of CAT and GMAT for Indian National who studied abroad?

Hi. I finished my ISC schooling from delhi after which I went to study in the UK. I got a 2:1 in Automotive Engineering from the UK but have returned to Delhi and am presently working. The CAT website mentions the criteria for Indian College graduates and foreign graduates who have worked abroad but have no info regarding my dilemma. Which exam am I now elligible for; CAT or GMAT?

24th June 2015, 03:44 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility Criteria of CAT and GMAT for Indian National who studied abroad?

Yes, you can apply for both CAT and GMAT exams, even if you have completed your graduation in Aboard. As per eligibility criteria, candidates who have completed their Bachelor's degree with minimum 50% of marks are eligible to apply for CAT exam. If you qualify in CAT exam, then you will get admission in any of the IIM institutes in India. And you can also appear for GMAT exam, if you qualify in GMAT exam, you can use that GMAT score to apply for MBA admission in Indian and foreign universities.
25th June 2015, 11:25 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility Criteria of CAT and GMAT for Indian National who studied abroad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi. I finished my ISC schooling from delhi after which I went to study in the UK. I got a 2:1 in Automotive Engineering from the UK but have returned to Delhi and am presently working. The CAT website mentions the criteria for Indian College graduates and foreign graduates who have worked abroad but have no info regarding my dilemma. Which exam am I now elligible for; CAT or GMAT?
Yes, you are eligible for CAT and GMAT exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam. For SC/ST candidates the percentage is 45 % in graduation. There is no age limitation for the candidates. Final year student are also eligible for CAT exam.

GMAT stands for Graduate Management Admission Test.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for GMAT exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?