16th February 2014, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

Eligibity for Masters in Engineering Management in US? Chances of good university and financial aid?

I am going to be a graduate of B.Tech in Information Technology in June,2012.I am preparing to take the GRE exam this september,as I am interested to pursue a course in Masters in Engineering Management from a reputed university in the US.However,after browsing through some sites,I've found that most,though not all universities offering this degree,require the applicants to have prior work experience.This is the only course I'm interested in.But it seems like all my GRE prep might go to waste.
I need to know if there is a chance by which I can get into a good university with my choice of degree,with financial aid,or if there isn't any possibility at all.

Related Questions:
  1. Which universities are offering Ph.D in management? I have done masters degree in financial management
  2. How much does the MS course cost? Score required to get financial aid in top universities?
  3. Job Opportunities after completion of Graduation in B.Com?
  4. Is it a good decision to move from Master degree in Electrical Engineering to Engineering Management? Is Engineering Management better than Electrical Engineering? What is the scope of Engineering Management in USA as well as in India?
  5. Shall I continue with Electrical Engineering after doing masters in electrical engineering from Florida International University? Which is better among the two? Scope of engineering management in USA as well as India?
  6. Fee structure and placements of masters in financial management from Amity?
  7. Scope of Masters in Financial Accounts?
  8. How to apply for Customs after B.Sc?
  9. Can I do MBA along with MTech? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Which subjects to take in 11th and procedure to do MBA or CS?
  11. Basic difference between masters of finance and masters of financial Engineering? universities in US offering the course? Fee structure and opportunities?
  12. Possible ways to get financial aid for studying in MS course in USA?
  13. If I do masters in Biochemical Engineering how well are my chances for a bright career?
  14. How much salary is given to a B.Com Holder who scores less than 75%?
  15. List of the colleges and details of them offering MMS in Mumbai for students between 70-85 percentile in MHT CET?
  16. Mumbai University TYB.Com question papers of management II or financial management?
  17. Which group is better in mba after b.tech in ece?
  18. What to do after T.Y.B.com? Which course is the best?
25th November 2016, 04:40 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibity for Masters in Engineering Management in US? Chances of good university and financial aid?

It depends on the course you are trying to opt. If you want to go for a technical aspect, then you need to appear in GRE through which you can get admission in MS course. This basically requires work experience as most of the universities do not give direct opportunity to the freshers. On the other hand, if you can to opt for the management related aspect of this field, then you need to go for GMAT through which you can get admission in MBA course. This better choice as universities prefer work experience for this course but it is not a compulsion. Hence you can get admission opportunity. You can get financial aid in the form of scholarships from the concerned on account of good performance in the entrance exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?