29th January 2015, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

How much rank to get in GATE for studying M.Tech in foreign countries?

How much to get rank in gate for studying m.tech in foreign countries? I want to know the details of Study in foreign

30th January 2015, 06:23 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much rank to get in GATE for studying M.Tech in foreign countries?

No GATE rank is required to do M.Tech in foreign universities. GATE score is only useful to get admission in M.Tech course in Indian Institutions. If you are interested to pursue M.Tech course in any foreign country, then, you must have to appear in GRE and TOEFL/IELTS examination. By scoring good marks in these examinations, you can get admission in M.Tech course in foreign universities.
30th January 2015, 11:41 AM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much rank to get in GATE for studying M.Tech in foreign countries?

You cannot get admission in foreign countries, through GATE score. To get admission in foreign universities, you have to complete two exams called GRE and IELTS. Most of the foreign universities offers admissions to the students by considering these exam scores. So, forst you should complete GRE and IELTS exams. After completing these exams, you should apply for admission in universities, by sending your application form along with your test scores. Then the universities will send you an admission letter, if your academic profile satisfies university admission criteria.

GRE Exam Pattern:-
The GRE exam is conducted in three sections
Section I:-
1) Verbal Reasoning
i) Reading Comprehension
ii) Text Completion
iii) Sentence Equivalence

Section II:-
1) Quantitative Reasoning

Section III:-
1) Analytical Writing Assessment
i) Issue-Task essay
ii )Argument-Task essays

IELTS Exam Pattern:-
This exam consists of following sections
1)Listening - 30 minutes(4 sections, 40 items)
2)Reading - 60 minutes (3 sections, 40 items)
3)Writing - 60 minutes(2 tasks)
4)Speaking - 11-14 minutes
30th January 2015, 04:06 PM
anair

You are mistaken about the concept of GATE. GATE exam or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering helps in getting admission for M.Tech in 'Indian Universities'. Writing the GATE exam can land you seat in one of the IITs, NITs, among others depending on your score.
But if you want to study abroad you will have to write the GRE exam.
Preparing for GRE requires good knowledge in English.
To get into a good college you should score around:

150 in Verbal
150 in Quantitative and
5 in Writing
31st January 2015, 12:05 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to state that you cannot get admission in the foreign Universities for M.Tech or MS course on the basis of GATE score. GATE is organized in India for admission in the Indian Technical Colleges and Universities which offer M.Tech and MS course. In order to pursue M.Tech or MS course abroad, you need to appear and score well in the entrance exams - GRE and TOEFL/IELTS based on which the foreign institutes take admission. Apart from the scores in these entrance exams, there are other criteria of selection as well like -

- Resume
- Statement of purpose
- Sometimes even interviews are also taken. Interviews are taken via Skype or Telephone.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?