12th March 2015, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

If I study class 12 in India will I be considered an NRI? If I study class 10th in Abroad and +2 in India will I be considered an NRI?

I am currently in class 9. If I study class 12 in India will I be considered as an NRI? IF I study class 10 abroad then study class 11 and 12 In India will I be considered as an NRI? And from LKG I am continuing to study abroad.

Thanks

Related Questions:
  1. Which students are considered as NRI?
  2. Till which class a student can study in Abroad? To avoid NRI quota in which class he should come back to India?
  3. Will my son considered to be NRI if he has a valid visa of UAE to study in India?
  4. If I did schooling in India till class 10th and high secondary from USA will I be considered in NRI quota for DCE admission for B.Tech? Are there any exam centers in USA? How to get the current syllabus of the same?
  5. What is the qualification for NRI quota for engineering?
  6. Will I be considered as an NRI while getting admission in Medical(in India)? I'm an Indian citizen and completed grade 12th in South Africa
  7. Can I study in FTII as NRI student if working in Abroad?
  8. What is the NRI student medical exam eligibility?
  9. Can an NRI student write All India Medical Entrance Exams? Is NRI eligible to study in any particular medical college? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How Can I Study abroad India with scholarship??
  11. What is MBBS entry requirement? I am an NRI student and want to study MBBS in India
  12. Requirements to study Abroad in 12th class?
  13. For NRI students studying abroad in CBSE
  14. Will I be considered as an NRI? I've Mauritian passport along with OCI card and I've passed my 12th grade from Mauritius
  15. How can one get NRI status? Which are the colleges in which one can apply as NRI student? Are they eligibi
  16. Are there any seats for NRI sponsored students in AIIMS?
  17. In which entrance exam I have to appear after 10th in study Abroad with full scholarship?
  18. Can I get admission through NRI seat in IIMS and other management colleges of India?
15th March 2015, 10:51 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: If I study class 12 in India will I be considered an NRI? If I study class 10th in Abroad and +2 in India will I be considered an NRI?

If you have spent a total of 181 days out of the country in the last year then you will be treated as an NRI Student.
This is the only criteria that is set.
Once a student spends more than 181 days out of the country in the last year then that student will be considered an NRI.
So you will not be considered an NRI Student if you are doing your Class 11 and 12 here.
In the First year after your return you will be considered an NRI student and once you are in the Class 12 you will not be able to fulfill the criteria so you will not be considered an NRI Student then.
Once in a calendar session you are in the country for a total of 181 days you will be again considered as a local student.
This is the criteria that there is but when you come to India in Class 11 after so many years of studying Abroad you will definitely be considered an NRI Student in the beginning.
29th February 2016, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: If I study class 12 in India will I be considered an NRI? If I study class 10th in Abroad and 2 in India will I be considered an NRI?

if a student is studying in abroad upto 10th and 11th and 12th in india then he/she eligible for medical entrance under normal category or NRI , how many years a student has to study in india to be eligible for writing the medical entrance.
17th September 2016, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: If I study class 12 in India will I be considered an NRI? If I study class 10th in Abroad and 2 in India will I be considered an NRI?

My daughter is studying in 8th in gulf. Pls let me know in which class should i send her to india for studies so that she does not come under nri quota and she can give entrance under normal category
21st September 2020, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

if i study until 1 in the US and study 2 in india will i comw under nri quota ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?