13th June 2011, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

What is the admission criteria for an NRI to get into IIT? I am an NRI in grade 11th studying CBSE

What is the admission criteria for an NRI to get into IIT?....Im an NRI in grade 11 studying CBSE.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the criteria for NRI students for admission in IIT? is there any separate entrance and quota for NRI students?
  2. What is the criteria for NRI students for admission into IIT? Is there any separate entrance and quota for NRI student?
  3. Procedure for admission for NRI candidates through MHT CET? What is the fee structure for NRI for Medical and Engineering?
  4. Do IIT colleges offer NRI quota for B.Tech courses?
  5. Will I be eligible as NRI candidate for COMEDK? -- [New]
  6. Am I eligible for EAMCET if I have studied in abroad till 10th grade?
  7. For NRI students studying abroad in CBSE
  8. Can I get NRI quota in Government or Private Medical college for my son studying in class 7th in U.A.E?
  9. What's the eligibility criteria for taking admission in India under NRI quota? How may I take admission by Regular stream?
  10. Criteria for NRI admission in SPA Delhi? Do NRI students have to appear for AIEEE and NATA?
  11. How to seek admission for engineering through CET? I am studying 10th in CBSE from Sharjah
  12. Is it possible to seek admission in Delhi University? Is there any quota for NRI students in Delhi university?
  13. What's the cut-off marks for NRI quota ? What's the fee structure and admission procedure through NRI quota?
  14. Is there any NRI quota for engineering for Delhi Government Engineering Colleges?
  15. Mbbs - NRI Quota
  16. Procedure for NRI students to take admission in MBBS Medical Colleges in India? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to get admission in engineering colleges through NRI quota?
  18. How to join NRI quota? Procedure to join Anna University? I am an NRI student studying 12th in Muscat
12th August 2015, 12:29 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: What is the admission criteria for an NRI to get into IIT? I am an NRI in grade 11th studying CBSE

Well, let me break the bad news in the beginning to you. You are not eligible to apply for IITs. Now let me tell you why. Earlier the joint entrance examination called AIEEE was enough to enter IITs. But now IITs have their own joint entrance examinations which is an extended portion of state level joints. The state level joints are called JEE Mains. Only the students who clear JEE Mains can appear for JEE advanced. This entrance examination is held by IITs to select candidates for engineering courses in their colleges. Now students who are Indian by birth or in short only non NRI students can apply for JEE Mains. So you don't have a chance to apply for IIT engineering. But you can still apply for engineering courses in other colleges. You will have to pay the donation for their sponsored seats. That fee will range upto 8 lacs. So if you can pay such an amount as a donation, you will get the sponsored seat in any private engineering college. So think what do you want to do.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?