22nd December 2017, 02:21 AM
Unregistered

Is maths needed for studying medical course in Canada?

Is maths has to be studied as any subject in medical universities of Canada? Please reply me. I have been hearing lots of rumors about it these days.

Related Questions:
  1. Is Maths subject compulsory to apply for medical course in Canada after completion of 12th standard without Maths?
  2. What is the criteria needed to apply for medical entrance exam in Canada?
  3. Is there any future for MBBS students in Canada?
  4. If I choose Biology in 11th then what will be my future? Scope in the medical field? How much donation is needed? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How much bands are required for studying Medical in Canada?
  6. Chances of getting study VISA for Canada after writing IELTS?
  7. What is the scope of M.Sc. (Medical Microbiology) in India? Is Maths needed for Microbiology?
  8. Eligibility to study in Canada after passing 12th from ICSE board with maths to be re-appeared? Scope of nanny course in Canada?
  9. Courses which are best for me after 12th Non Medical so that I could study in Canada? Which course has more scope in Canada?
  10. How to take admission in medical field after studying 12th science
  11. How a Nepali student studying in Russia can get admission in MD course at Canada?
  12. Entrance exams available to study medical course from Canada with syllabus? Chances to get direct admission?
  13. Can I get admission in Canada for pursuing M.Sc Maths after completing M.Sc Maths and B.Ed from India? Do I need to write any entrance exam?
  14. How much percentage is needed in MBBS in 12th standard? How much marks are needed?
  15. What is the process followed for studying in Canada, US and other countries?
  16. Eligibility for admission in Canada Lambton college?
  17. How to get admission to study Medical in Canada?
  18. Which course should I choose to study in Canada? -- [New]
22nd December 2017, 08:52 PM
HKBEHURA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is maths needed for studying medical course in Canada?

Yes, some Medical Sciences program's first year syllabus consist of Foundation Sciences, Mathematics and psychology. It is true Mathematics has to be studied as a subject in Canadian medical university. But Mathematics will be there in first year syllabus only and because it is just basic mathematics that is why it is not to hard.
In second, third and fourth year, courses are a mixture of basic science and medical science, including microbiology and physiology, pharmacology, bioethics, anatomy, epidemiology etc. so mathematics will not be there in syllabus.
23rd December 2017, 12:56 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no need to study Mathematics subject for studying Medical course in Canada. For getting admission in Medical course in any of the Canada university, you should have passed 12th standard or high level examination with Biology as main subject. So, if you have not pursued Mathematics subject and studied Biology subject then, you are eligible to get admission for studying Medical course in Canada.
23rd December 2017, 10:49 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not required to study Mathematics as a subject in Medical Universities of Canada. If you are studying any Medical course in Canadian Universities, you have to study medical related subjects under the course.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th with PCB as a subject combination from a recognized Board can apply for the Medical course in the Universities of Canada.
19th September 2021, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

To do msc clincial nutrition in Canada
Maths is required
To get admission in the clg
For a international students
27th January 2022, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

Please suggest name of College/University in Canada for Indian students whi have done 12 th with PCB ( without Maths), if one wants to pursue diploma in Dental Hygiene or Pharmacy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?