2nd March 2015, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

MS in Abroad or M.Tech in India, which is better for B.Tech 3rd year student?

Hi
I am a B.Tech 3rd year student and I am confused what I should go for M.Tech in India or MS in Abroad. What is better and what is the scope of both. I want postgraduation in Biotechnology. So, which is better for me?

4th March 2015, 05:51 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: MS in Abroad or M.Tech in India, which is better for B.Tech 3rd year student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi
I am a B.Tech 3rd year student and I am confused what I should go for M.Tech in India or MS in Abroad. What is better and what is the scope of both. I want postgraduation in Biotechnology. So, which is better for me?
For the course of M.Tech or MS in Biotechnology the best option is to go abroad.
The courses of MS Abroad are more advanced in case of Biotechnology than the courses that are offered here in India.
India lacks behind when it comes to higher education in certain streams due to the lack of modern laboratories.
The labs that are here in India are not state of the art and they are neither latest in terms of the Technology that is available.
So for higher studies it will be best if you can go abroad and do the course of MS from the Universities Abroad.

To get into the Universities of Abroad to study the course of MS Abroad you will have to at first appear for the GRE Examination.
The GRE Examination is conducted many times a year and it is up to the candidate to decide which date is more suited to him to give the examination.
There is another Examination the TOEFL Examination which is another must.
If you are able to crack both the Examination then you will be given a list from where you will have to choose the University name and the course you want to avail.
There will be a personal Interview that will be conducted mainly done over Skype Calling.
Once all these formalities are done and if you are able to crack all these hurdles then you can get yourself admitted to one of the Universities of Abroad.
These Universities also offer scholarship to the students and if you are good with the Interview and if you have a good academic record throughout then you will be awarded with a scholarship.
So just prepare yourself and if you go abroad then you will reap the benefits of your decision in the long run.
4th March 2015, 07:42 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: MS in Abroad or M.Tech in India, which is better for B.Tech 3rd year student?

Both M.S. and M.Tech courses have good scope and you can find many job opportunities after completion of these courses. But, whether take to M.Tech or M.S course depends upon your interest and economic conditions. If you are having good amount of money, then, you can pursue M.S course in Abroad. If you cannot bear the expenses to study in Abroad, then, it is best to study M.Tech in India. I think it is not possible to do Post Graduation in Biotechnology after completion of M.S or M.Tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?