9th April 2015, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

For pursuing PhD in USA, B.Tech Degree is enough for a candidate who has 10 years of experience?

Hi,
My profile-
Graduate in Civil Engineering from Bangladesh with CGPA-3.59 (first class with hons.) and M.Sc from Sweden-No GPA but Average Grade C= Good off A,B,C,D,E,F scale.
GRE- V144, Q151, A3
IELTS- 6.5 Bands.
I have Professional Experience of 10 years as a Transportation Engineer.
Now, I want to know:
Is it wise to hide M.Sc result, as Graduation result is enough for doing PhD in USA?
Please reply.
Shaheen Sarkar

Related Questions:
  1. Whether pursuing Ph.D will help to get better jobs in abroad for M.Sc in Electronics passed candidate, having 5 years working experience?
  2. Prospects of getting a Ph.D course in USA after doing M.D in Pharmacology from India with good research experience? Job prospects in India after completing Ph.D from USA? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  4. Should I go for PhD in USA after completing masters in Vety. Science from IVRI?
  5. Which subject should I choose after pursuing Ph.D in Physics?
  6. Scholarship for pursuing PhD in USA or Germany?
  7. Can I apply for Ph.D from USA after M.Sc from Nepal without any work experience?
  8. Difference between studying in India and Abroad? What could be the correct career path for me being a candidate of BE in CS domain having 3 years experience in IT field and wanted to pursue higher studies?
  9. Possibility of pursuing Ph.D Civil Engineering in Chennai for M.Tech candidate who has 3 years of work experience?
  10. Does MD degree give an edge over other for getting admission in Ph.D in USA if I have a good research background? How much will I be paid in India?
  11. PhD degree is equivalent to research experience?
  12. How may I do PhD in Pharmaceuticals biotechnology from USA? What are the scholarships available?
  13. Work experience is good for MS in USA?
  14. Further study options in USA after MDS Oral Medicine and Radiology? With Indian MDS can PhD be done in USA?
  15. Universities for correspondence PhD in Chemistry?
  16. What should I do to pursue PhD degree from USA in Metallurgy and material science?
  17. How to do PhD in Mathematics having 2 years teaching experience after M.Phil?
  18. Should I take industrial experience or can I enroll for PhD directly in Europe?
11th April 2015, 07:31 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For pursuing PhD in USA, B.Tech Degree is enough for a candidate who has 10 years of experience?

No, a candidate cannot get Ph.D admission with the qualification of B.Tech or any Bachelor's degree. That's because to get Ph.D admission, you should have completed Master's degree in any stream. So, you cannot get Ph.D admission with the qualification of B.Tech. So, I suggest you to use M.Sc certificates to apply for Ph.D admission and try to attach experience certificate for your application, which may increase your chances of getting admission, even if you have less grade in your master's degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?