19th August 2011, 10:09 AM
Msonalika

Should I go for PhD in USA after completing masters in Vety. Science from IVRI?

Dear All,
I have done masters in Vety. Science from IVRI, now I want to do PhD. I got admission in USA but now I am confused whether I shall go or not as there degree is of MINIMUM 5 years but in India its of 3 years. I am already 25 is it worth going USA. Moreover as many people say that life is not all that rosy in USA as we expect....Please reply

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do my PhD from US after doing Masters in India?
  2. What is the procedure and steps to be followed for doing Ph.D in USA?
  3. How may I apply for PhD in USA, Germany or Norway after Masters in Information Technology?
  4. Should I do masters in industrial pharmacy or Pharm D? Opportunities of masters and Ph.d in industrial pharmacy in USA?
  5. How may I apply for PhD in USA, Germany, Norway after completing masters in plasma and particle physics?
  6. Is Ph.D necessary after doing masters in Librari Science with 60% marks
  7. How to migrate from Mizoram Vety College to Mathura Vety College?
  8. Job prospects in USA after completing MS in Mechanical Engineering? Job opportunities available after completing Masters from USA?
  9. How to migrate from BVSC at Mizoram Vety College to Mathura Vety College?
  10. Procedure for admission in MIT USA for Ph.D? What is the eligibility criteria?
  11. Want to do B.E. but family's financial conditions are not good, what to do? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Eligibility to pursue masters in Computer Science from USA after B.Com Honours?
  13. List of top universities in USA for doing masters degree in forensic science and psychology?
  14. Chances of getting a job in USA for Masters in Pharmacy holder after marriage? What other course can I pursue apart from MS? -- [New]
  15. How to migrate to Mathura Vety College after getting selected in BVSC?
  16. List of universities and scholarships offered for PhD course in chemical engineering after completing masters?
  17. How may I pursue PhD in Biotechnology form USA after completing M.Tech in India?
  18. Prospects of getting a Ph.D course in USA after doing M.D in Pharmacology from India with good research experience? Job prospects in India after completing Ph.D from USA?
28th April 2014, 07:50 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Should I go for PhD in USA after completing masters in Vety. Science from IVRI?

Hey, its good to know that in only 25 years age you have already completed your post graduation in Veterinary science.Because there are people who took longer years to complete this much course work. It is better if you do Phd now after completing your masters because there are very few people out there in India who have Phd qualification at such an early age.

Next is Only with masters degree what you will do? of course there is a lot of scope available for you but I am interesting you about the career in academic line. for being a lecturer of any veterinary college you have to have a valid NET score.But even if you don't have a National Eligibility Test score then if you have admitted into Phd and published some of the research articles in national and international journals then you get weightage for interview during viva for Lectureship in any university or college.

So getting admitted into Phd will surely help you and would be more helpful if that admission is in a foreign university. But i agree to your other point that there degree is of 5 more long ears but i guess its worth it. So that will get scholarship and other stipend as financial aid from banks etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?