28th June 2014, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Whether degree in foreign languages has no value?

i have an interest in doing english honors and any foreign language(french,german or spanish) side by side.... i m really confused so as to what to do right now.. i just gave my board exams .. i asked many ,they said doing 4 year degree in foreign language has no value... is it true? what should i do?

28th November 2014, 10:00 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether degree in foreign languages has no value?

The degree in foreign languages will not help you to improve your career opportunities. That's because they are not job oriented courses. But, If you are interested in teaching, then you can get a teaching job in some universities or colleges, which are offering the foreign languages. So, try to do any job oriented course, if you want to settle yourself by pursuing degree.
25th September 2015, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

there is very huge scope in foreign language courses not only in teaching prospects even in mnc's, embassies, ministry if defence and many more. who said that language course is not helping you to improve carrer this is all nonsense.
31st July 2019, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

I am currently pursuing my graduation from English hons. I m in 2nd year. I want to do gov. Job in foreign language. What should i do now ? Should i 1st complete my graduation and then i should do diploma in any other foreign language like Spanish, German etc, or i should do diploma side by side through any private coaching institute. So that after completion of graduation ,i will have an additional degree. What should i do ?
And what type of job is in embassies , what is the work and pay scale?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?