7th February 2014, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information about PhD in English Literature?

sir,
I have passed MA in first class. I want to complete phd also can you give me detail information about phd in english literature

your sinciarly,
sangita bhosale

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information about PhD in English Literature?
  2. Universities for PhD in English Literature or Linguistics after M.A. in English -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Eligibility criteria for admission for Ph.D course in English Literature? In which month will the admissions start for Ph.D degree?
  4. Phd in english literature from R.S.S.U university of Raipur (C.G). procedure and papers
  5. Will less marks in Ph.D degree in English Literature cause any problem?
  6. How may I join PhD program in English literature from JNU or other recognized university? I have done BA from Assam University and Masters from Nepal
  7. List of good universities providing MA program in English literature?
  8. Scholarship for PhD in English Literature? Which entrance exam to face for Delhi University?
  9. Information regarding best universities providing M.A in English literature
  10. Books to be referred to prepare for the entrance of masters in Linguistics?
  11. Information about Ph.D entrance and procedure for admission after completing M.Phil?
  12. List of approved Ph.D? How should I do Ph.D in English Literature?
  13. How to get admission in MA English Literature? I have done B.Com from DU and preparing for civil services
  14. What should I choose after completion of my BA in English literature? I have a good communication skill in English
  15. What is the qualification required to do M.A English Literature? Is it possible to do M.A English Literature after B.Com
  16. How to do M.A English Literature through distance?
  17. Previous years model question papers for Ph.D in english literature
  18. From where can I pursue Ph.D from distance education? I have done M.A in English Literature
19th February 2014, 08:30 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Detailed information about PhD in English Literature?

Ph.D - Is a Doctoral Program
As you are willing to go for the Ph.D Doctoral program you can have Two option in this course.They are the Ph.D And the Joint M.F.A/Ph.D qualification.Generally this Ph.D course lasts for Seven or Six semester course in the English subject.There are some language requirements for the Phd program.Generally some of the various programs require extensive knowledge of the Foreign language and Literature.

Some other programs requires reading ability in Two or more foreign languages.You may also be asked to demonstrate the competence in the foreign languages taking extra courses in foreign languages and literature.Some of the courses you may undergo are like history of english language,Old English,Grammatical analysis as well as the Application of linguistic study to literary criticism.

To be eligible for this course the candidate must have a minimum of Graduation.Or else the candidate is expected to have the B.A(Bachelor of Arts) or else the equivalent qualification to be eligible for the exam.The candidates need to submit their Application through Online mode via the Graduate School Application system.There will be Document Identification round.In which the documents will be verified whether they are all correct or not.You will be needed to work closely with the Heads,also the supervisors.You need to participate in the Research seminars which are run by the Department.Soon after completing the course,many of the jobs can be find in the Teaching field.Other than this you can Publish and Review the Journals.While doing research you can find many number of career opportunities.
21st February 2014, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

i want to do ph. d. in education subject from your university. so kindly inform me about the admission proceure. when admission test will de notified for the session 2014-15.
21st February 2014, 01:26 PM
Sowmya449

There are Ph.D And the Joint M.F.A/Ph.Ds.Generally this Ph.D course lasts for 7 or 6 semester course in the English subject.There are some language requirements for the Phd program.Generally some of the various programs require extensive knowledge of the Foreign language and Literature.
Some other programs requires reading ability in Two or more foreign languages.You may also be asked to demonstrate the competence in the foreign languages taking extra courses in foreign languages and literature.Some of the courses you may undergo are like history of english language,Old English,Grammatical analysis as well as the Application of linguistic study to literary criticism.
To be eligible for this you must have B.A(Bachelor of Arts) or else the equivalent qualification to be eligible for the exam.The candidates need to submit their Application through Online mode via the Graduate School Application system.You will be needed to work closely with the Heads,also the supervisors..... Good luck..
26th January 2017, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

I have passed M.A first year. I want to complete PhD also. But that time I have no any ideas that what to do? So please give me suggest and please give me detailed about PhD.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?