8th November 2014, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

Whether GATE covers both M.Tech and M.S. program? Should I have to appear in IELTS for M.S.?

HI ,,,
i want information about Mtech & MS,,,
is GATE required for both of them ,
or IELTS is for MS and GATE for MTECH .?
plzz do reply thax in advance

11th November 2014, 02:44 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether GATE covers both M.Tech and M.S. program? Should I have to appear in IELTS for M.S.?

GATE exam is conducted for M.Tech and MS admissions. Based on your score, you can get an admission in various courses. The GATE score is only accepted by Indian Institutions. If you want to join in M.Tech or MS in India, you should appear for GATE. And there is no need to appear for IELTS. IELTS is required only, when you want to pursue your MS in foreign countries.
11th November 2014, 09:39 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether GATE covers both M.Tech and M.S. program? Should I have to appear in IELTS for M.S.?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is conducted by seven IIT's and one IISc on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India. Based on GATE score, you can get admission in various post graduate programs like M.Tech, MS etc. in Indian Institutions. GATE scores are also accepted by many Indian public sector undertakings for recruiting graduate engineers in entry-level positions.

No, there is no need to appear for IELTS examination to study MS course in India. If you wish to study MS course in foreign countries, then, you need to appear for IELTS examination. IELTS is an standardised test which helps you to prove your English Language Proficiency for getting admission in foreign universities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?