Haldia Law College, Medinipur
Haldia Law College shortly and popularly called as HLC came into existence in the year 2002 and the college aims at offering opportunities for all aspiring students, who are looking for a successful journey in the field of law. The college is run by the Indian Centre for Advancement of Research & Education and it is approved by Bar Council of India.
Haldia Law College offers the following law courses with affiliation from the Vidyasagar University:
• Fiver-Year Integrated B.A. LLB (hons.)
• Three-year LL.B
• Two-Year LL.M
For getting into the B.A. LLB and LLB courses offered by the Haldia Law College, candidates must get through the separate admission tests conducted by the college. Date of the test each year will be published in the website of the college. As far as LLM is concerned, admission is based on the merit secured by the students in the entrance test conducted for this purpose. To sit for these three admission tests, candidates will have to fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
As far as integrated BA-LLB (hons.) course is concerned, candidates must have completed their higher secondary or its equivalent examination by securing a minimum of 45% of marks and the required percentage of marks in the higher secondary examination for SC/ST and OBC candidates is 40%. Even candidates awaiting their results can apply for the admission test; however, their admission will be cancelled if they do not score the required percentage of marks in the higher secondary examination. The maximum age limit to apply for the admission test is 20 years for general category candidates and 22 years for reserved category candidates.
For getting into the three-year Bachelor’s of Law course offered by the Haldia Law College, candidates must be graduates in any discipline under 10+2+3 pattern securing not less than 45% of marks, while the required percentage of marks for SC/ST and OBC candidates is 40% in 10+2+3 pattern. Even candidates appearing for the final year of their degree course can apply to the admission test; however, their admission will remain cancelled if they do not secure the minimum required percentage of marks in the degree course.
Any candidate, who has completed his/her LL.B graduation securing not less than 50% of marks are eligible to apply to the entrance test conducted for admission to the LL.M. Course. The required percentage of marks is 45% at the LL.B. course for OBC/ST/SC candidates.
Facilities offered by the institution:
Haldia Law College offers the following facilities to the students:
• Active placement cell
• Legal aid cell
• Visit to high course and supreme court
• Co-curricular activities
• Extensive and highly updated library
• Moot Court facility
Haldia Law College,
ICARE Complex, P.O. Hatiberia, Haldia
Purba Medinipur, West Bengal, India
Pin - 721657
Phone: 03224 - 255355 / 255356
- Jr. Engg. Asstt-IV - Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) Ltd, Haldia Refinery
- Government Colleges in Midnapore, West Bengal
- MBA Colleges in West Bengal
- Assistant Chemist, Junior Engineer Assistant, Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- Junior Engineer Assistant, Assistant Chemist, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
- Colleges offering B.Tech (Electrical Engineering) in West Bengal
- Science (B.Sc) Colleges in West Bengal
- Junior Engineer Assistants, Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- Government Colleges for Bachelor of Arts (Honors) in Bengali
- Midnapore Medical College & Hospital, Medinipur
- B.A. Colleges in West Bengal
- Egra Sarada Sashi Bhusan College, Medinipur
- Best Colleges for Doing B F Sc
- B.Tech in Food Technology Colleges
- List of Colleges in Vidyasagar University