Higher studies and career options after MBA in Media Management
After completing MBA in Media Management, one can look for the job of Media Manager in media portals, F.M Radio Stations, TV channels and newspapers. With experience, they can get into the position of Media Consultant, which is a highly paid job in Media Industry. Those who are interested in higher studies after MBA in Media Management can join doctoral level courses in Media Studies.
Higher studies options after MBA in Media Management
- Doctor of Philosophy in Media Studies
- Master of Philosophy in Media Studies
Career opportunities after MBA in Media Management
MBA graduates in Media Management can work in online media portals like Make my Trip, Sulekha, 123 Greetings, AOL, MSN etc. Some of the job profiles available for these postgraduates in these companies are
- Media Strategist
- Marketing Analyst
- Media Manager
Media Strategist can get a salary between Rs. 1, 00, 000/- and Rs. 3, 00, 000/- per annum where as a Marketing Analyst can earn up to Rs. 4, 00, 000/- per annum. By working as a Media Manager, one can earn a salary ranging from Rs. 25, 000/- to Rs. 30, 000/- per month.
Plenty of opportunities are available for them in private F.M Radio Stations and TV channels like Zee TV, NDTV, CNN-IBN, Red FM 98.3, Sony TV etc. They can take up the following job roles in these companies.
- Digital Media Assistant
- Digital Media Producer
- Digital Media Coordinator
- Digital Media Analyst
- Digital Media Consultant
- Media Manager
- Corporate Communications Head
- Channel Head
Monthly emoluments offered for Digital Media Producer/Analyst is between Rs. 25, 000/- and Rs. 30, 000/- where as Digital Media Assistant/Co-ordinator can get a salary up to Rs. 25, 000/- per month. To become a Digital Media Consultant, Corporate Communications Head or Channel Head, one should have experience in the field of media management. If they are promoted to these higher positions, they can earn a salary up to Rs. 8, 00, 000/- per annum.
It is possible for them to join reputed newspapers and magazines like The Hindu, Times of India, Indian Express, India Today, Front Line etc. as Media Consultants. For getting into these positions, one needs to have 3 or 4 years of experience in media industry. Fresh graduates can start up their career as Media Managers in these institutions.
They can perform the roles of Film Producer or Production Manager in Film industry. Salary package offered for Production Manager will depend upon the budget of the film. Those who are interested to pursue a career in academics can join any reputed media management college as Assistant Professor and earn up to Rs. 30, 000/- per month.
- Higher Studies options after B.A Journalism
- What to do after bachelor of mass communication?
- M.Sc in electronic media
- Is MCA the only option after BCA?
- Higher Studies options after B.A in Fashion Designing
- Master of Mass Communication(MMC) v/s Master of Communication Studies (MCS) - Which course is better?
- Stiff competition in the bachelor of communication
- Media Planner – How to become a Media Planner?
- Higher Studies options after B.A in Home Science
- Can PH.D in mass communication uplift the standard of the media
- Scope after B.Sc Mathematics
- Prospects after doing B.Sc in Electronics
- Higher studies after B.A. in Computer Science
- Higher Studies options after B.Sc Home Science
- Higher Study option after Bachelor of Mass Communication (BMC)