Higher Studies Options after B.Tech in Production Engineering
Production Engineering deals with the study of various industrial processes required for the manufacturing of different products or equipments. Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in production engineering is a four year undergraduate course which focuses on different aspects of production engineering. After completing this course, candidates can specialize on several fields of production engineering. They can also pursue management courses on production engineering. Scope of higher studies after B.Tech in Production Engineering is discussed below.
Qualification Criteria for Higher Studies after B.Tech in Production Engineering
Various higher degree or diploma courses are available for the candidates who have completed bachelor of technology course in Production Engineering. Those who want to pursue Master of Engineering or Master of Technology courses should qualify Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). Most of the technical institutions insist GATE score for the admission to various post graduation courses in engineering. Candidates who have completed any graduation can apply for any MBA course. They should also qualify the concerned entrance test to get admission to the desired MBA course. Graduation is required to apply for higher diploma courses.
Higher study options after B.Tech in Production Engineering
List of different higher studies options available after B.Tech in Production Engineering is given below
- Master of Engineering Advanced Production System
- Master of Engineering in Production Engineering
- Master of Technology in Production Technology and Management
- Master of Technology in Product Design and Manufacturing
- Master of Technology in Production and Industrial Engineering
- Master of Technology in Production Engineering and System Technology
- Master of Technology in Production Engineering
- Master of Technology in Production Management
- Master of Technology in Production Technology
- Master in Quality and Productivity Management
- Master of Business Administration in Production and Materials Management
- Master of Business Administration in Production Management
- Master of Science in Production Engineering
- Post Graduate Diploma in Production Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Radio Programme Production
Subjects covered under Higher Studies after B.Tech in Production Engineering
Some of the subjects covered under the higher studies after B.Tech in Production Engineering are Machining Science, Metrology and Computer Aided Inspection, Metal Forming Advanced Optimization Techniques, Mechatronics, Machine Tool Design, Computer Integrated manufacturing Systems, Production design, Quality Control, Plant location, Lay out of facilities, Store keeping and warehouse management, Dynamic purchasing and Material Management.
Career opportunities after Higher studies in Production Engineering
Those who have higher degree or diploma in production engineering can find different job opportunities in the manufacturing industries. They can work as plant engineers, manufacturing engineers, quality engineers, process engineers or industrial managers. They can also work in various industrial automation units. Candidates who possess MBA in the related field can apply for the posts available in the administrative section of the manufacturing industries. These are higher posts which have higher reputation and salary.
Candidates having higher degree or diploma in any field related to production engineering can find ample job opportunities in Armed Force, Railways and different government departments.
- What to do after B.Tech in Production Engineering?
- Future Prospects after B.Tech in Production Engineering
- Future Prospects of B.Tech in Industrial Engineering
- B.Tech in Production Engineering, Production Engineering B.Tech
- What to do after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
- Higher studies after B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
- Higher study and career options after B.Tech in Food Technology
- What to do after B.Tech in Ceramic Engineering?
- Higher Studies options after B.Tech Mechanical
- Scope after B.Tech in Agriculture
- Higher studies after B.Tech in Food Technology
- What to do after B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?
- Higher Studies Options after B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Higher Study options after B.Tech in EEE (In India and Abroad)
- Scope after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering