List of Engineering Entrance Exams
Choosing the right career is a worry most face. One of the most popular options among them is engineering. The main branches of Engineering are Computer Science, IT, Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil and new branches like, Biotechnology, Polymer Science, etc. Govt of India created a Three Exam Scheme; JEE and AIEEE at the national level and SLEEE at the state level. Candidates who have completed their 12th standard or those who have appeared for their final exam are eligible to take the exam. The age limit is 25 years for most exams. Most entrance tests are objective type tests. The questions will include topics from math, physics and chemistry. There is a paper on drawing for Architecture aspirants. There is negative marking for wrong answers.
Some of the major engineering entrance exams are
- AIEEE (All India Engineering Entrance Exam) – The exam is usually conducted in April-May. Candidates can also apply online. Candidates can opt for either English or Hindi question paper. Candidates can appear for the exam for a maximum of three times. The results are announced in July- August. The institutes that take admission with AIEEE scores are the NITs (National Institute of Technology), IIITs (Indian Institute of Information Technology), Motilal Nehru NIT, Allahabad, Dr. B R Ambedkar NIT, Jalandhar, and a few other deemed universities.
- JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) - The exam is conducted by the IITs. Candidates with a first class in their 12th exam are eligible to apply for JEE. These marks may also a play an important role in the admission process. The new format of the exam consists of two papers of duration of three hours each. The exam is usually conducted in April. Candidates can opt for either English or Hindi question paper. A candidate can appear for the exam only twice in consecutive years. JEE scores are accepted by the IITs, IT BHU Varanasi and ISM Dhanbad. Recently, a few more institutes have begun to take JEE scores.
- BITSAT (BITS Admission Test) – This test is conducted by BITS Pilani for students interested to join the BITS campuses at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. It is a computer based test conducted in May-June. Students with at least 60% marks in Maths, Chemistry and Physics and adequately proficient in English are eligible to apply. Unlike other exams, English and logical reasoning constitute a section in the exam.
- VITEEE (Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam) – As the name suggests, the exam is conducted by VIT. The exam is conducted in April. Students with at least 60% marks in Math’s, Chemistry and Physics are eligible to apply.
- SLEEE (State Level Engineering Entrance Exams) – Each State is allowed to conducts entrance exams for admission to engineering colleges in them. Some of the SLEEEs are Kerala CEE , Tamil Nadu TNPCEE, Delhi CEE, Karnataka CET, West Bengal JEE, etc.
- List of Maharashtra Engineering Entrance Exams
- List of Power Plant Engineering Entrance exams
- List of Civil Engineering Entrance Exams
- List of Telecommunication Engineering Entrance Exams
- List of Marine engineering entrance exams
- List of Mechanical Engineering Entrance Exam
- List of Tamil Nadu Engineering Entrance Exams
- List of Architecture Entrance Exams
- List of Rubber Technology Entrance Exam
- List of Structural Engineering Entrance Exams
- List of M.Tech Entrance Exams
- List of Plant Biology Entrance Exams
- List of Instrumentation Engineering Entrance Exams
- List of Software Engineering Entrance Exams
- List of Embedded Systems Entrance Exams