ONGC Graduate Trainee Exam 2012
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) is an Indian state-owned oil and gas company headquartered at Dehradun, India. This public sector organization conducts recruitment drives every year for the selection of eligible candidates as graduate trainees.
Structure of ONGC Graduate Trainee Exam
The exam will have 2 papers in which there will be both objective as well as descriptive type questions. In the first paper, there will be 50 objective questions each of 1 mark, out of which only 40 has to be attempted. There will also be 2 descriptive type questions in this section each carrying 5 marks. In the second paper, there will be 75 objective type questions of 1.5 marks each from which only 60 questions have to be attempted. There will also be 2 descriptive questions each of 5 marks. The exam will be of 3 hours duration.
Syllabus of ONGC Graduate Trainee Exam
ONGC exam consists of two papers
- Paper I: General Knowledge (50 Marks)
- Paper II: Specialization Subject (100 Marks)
The specialization section will have questions from the discipline in which the candidate has completed the under graduate degree programme.
The eligibility conditions vary with each discipline and are as mentioned below.
- For Mechanical: First class graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering
- For Geophysics (Surface): First class post graduate degree in Geophysics or Physics with Electronics
- For Drilling: A first class graduate degree in Mechanical / Petroleum Engineering is required.
- For Chemistry: First class graduate degree in Chemical Engineering or first class post graduate degree in Chemistry
- For Instrumentation: First class graduate degree in Instrumentation Engineering
- For Production: First class graduate degree in Chemical / Mechanical / Petroleum Engineering
- For E&T: First class graduate degree in Electronics / Telecom / E&T Engineering or first class post graduate degree in Physics with Electronics
- For Civil: First class graduate degree in Civil Engineering
- For Cementing: First class graduate degree in Mechanical / Petroleum Engineering
- For Reservoir: First class post graduate degree in Geology / Physics /Geophysics / Mathematics / Chemistry / Petroleum Technology or first class graduate degree in Chemical / Petroleum Engineering
- For Geophysics (Wells): First class post graduate degree in Geophysics or Physics with Electronics
- For Programming: First class graduate degree in Computer Engineering or first class post graduate in Computer Applications (MCA)/ Computer Science or B level diploma
- For Finance & Accounts: Graduate degree with ICWA / CA or first class MBA with specialization in Finance
- For Security: Post graduate degree with 2 years’ service with Armed Forces or Central Police Organization
- For Geology: First class post graduate degree in Geology
How to Apply?
The candidates can apply for the ONGC Graduate Trainee Exam online through the official website www.ongcindia.com. The fee payment of Rs. 500/- (Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/Physically Challenged candidates) has to be paid via Demand Draft / Banker Cheques / IPO. The original registration slip along with all the required documents has to be sent to PO Box No. 453, Basavanagudi, Head Post Office, Bangalore - 560 004 on or before the cutoff date.
How to fill the Form?
The candidates have to fill the application form clearly mentioning all the details. No columns should be left blank. Before registering their application form on the website, the candidates should take care that they possess a valid e-mail ID and a facility to take printout of the challan form and registration slip. All the necessary details required to fill the form are clearly mentioned in the application brochure. The candidates are advised to read it before doing online registration.
Important Dates (Tentative)
[Please note that we only provide tentative dates based on previous years dates. For exact dates related information it is always best to check official websites only.]
Commencement of Registration: Last week of April, 2012
Last date for registration: Mid week of May, 2012
Last date for receiving registration slip with enclosures: Last week of May, 2012
Date of All India Written Test: Mid week of June, 2012
List of ONGC Graduate Trainee Exam Centres
Contact Address for ONGC Graduate Trainee Exam
- Address: PO Box No. 453, Basavanagudi, Head Post Office, Bangalore - 560 004
- Website: www.ongcindia.com
Organizations Accepting the ONGC Graduate Trainee Exam Score
Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC)
Reference Books for ONGC Graduate Trainee Exam
- Encyclopedia of General Knowledge & General Awareness by R. P. Verma
- Encyclopedia of General Knowledge and General Awareness by Ravi Chopra
- General Awareness and Current Affairs Digest P.B by Reddy K Krishna
- General Awareness Digest by Laxmikanth
- General Knowledge by Dr. Tanwar
- General Knowledge Current Affairs and Whose Who by Khanna
- General Knowledge Digest by TMH
- General Knowledge Manual by Barry O’brien
- General Knowledge Manual by Nill
- General Knowledge Manual by UPSC Portal Editorial Board
- Macmillan’s General Knowledge Manual by Muktikanta Mohanty
Coaching Centers for ONGC Graduate Trainee Exam
- Ascent Education
- Aryan Institute
- Kamat Education
- J .R. S Tutorials
- Hierank School of Competitions
- Guru Institute
- Gate Life Sciences Coaching
- Pinnacle Career Institute
- Oasis Educational Services
- Mathiit Learning Private Limited
- Best Education Centre
- Prime Centre
- Sachdeva Classes
- Sahil study circle
- Vision Infinity Ltd
- T.I.M.E (Triumphant Institute of Management Education) Private Limited
- Zenith Point
- Share Point Server
The candidates should work hard for clearing the ONGC Graduate Trainee Exam. One needs to have a good idea about the entire syllabus of the entrance exam. Depending on the syllabus they need to set up an organized timetable which the candidates need to strictly follow. All the topics have to be thoroughly studied. The difficult and important topics have to be dealt with more time. The aspirants should develop a habit of reading newspaper regularly so that the general awareness section can be attended with much ease. The candidates should be updated about the latest news and happenings. Also various reference books and guides are available in the market with the help of which the aspirants can prepare. Practicing with sample questions papers and previous year questions papers help the candidates in better time management for the final exam.
How and Where To Get the Results?
The result of ONGC Graduate Trainee Exam can be obtained from the official webpage of ONGC.
The validity of ONGC Graduate Trainee Exam score will be valid till the vacancies are filled up.
- ONGC Placement Papers
- Pay scale for Graduate Engineer Trainee in Government Jobs
- Operator cum Technician Trainee, Attendant cum Technician Trainee, Steel Authority of India Limited
- Eligibility requirements for ONGC ‘Graduate Trainee’ Selection Test
- Technical Assistant, Grade-III (Chemistry) - Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC)
- Details of Security Officer Recruitment in ONGC and SAIL
- Assistant Technician - Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC)
- Career options and salary packages after B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering
- Traffic Supervisor Trainee - Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation
- Future Prospects of B.Tech IT
- ONGC Placement Preparation Tips and Placement Process
- Graduate Engineer Trainee, Medical Officer, Damodar Valley Corporation Limited
- Diploma Trainee, Assistant Trainee, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
- Deputy Manager, Management Trainee, Bharat Dynamics Limited
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering vs B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering- Which course is better?