Roorkee Institute of Technology, Roorkee
Roorkee Institute of Technology is shortly called as RIT and the institute offers technical education courses with affiliation from the Uttarakhand Technical University and with approval from the All India Council for Technical Education, the courses are also approved by the Ministry of Human Resource Development of Government of India.
The list of academic programmes offered by the Roorkee Institute of Technology is given below:
• Bachelor of Technology in
o Mechanical Engineering
o Electrical & Electronics Engineering
o Electronics & Communication Engineering
o Information Technology
o Computer Science & Engineering
• Master of Computer Applications
• Master of Business Administration
Intake capacity of RIT for the courses:
For all B. Tech courses except mechanical engineering and computer science engineering, the institute is permitted to admit 60 students per year, while for these two courses, the intake capacity is 90 students per year. For the PG courses, the institute is permitted to admit 60 students for each course.
Eligibility criteria and admission procedure:
B. Tech: For seeking admission to the first year of the four-year degree course in Bachelor of Technology, candidates must have completed their intermediate examination with computers/chemistry, mathematics and physics subjects from the Board of higher education of the state of Uttarakhand or its equivalent merit in the All India Engineering Entrance Examination. For seeking admission to the second year of the four-year degree course, candidates must have completed their polytechnic diploma course recognized by the Board of Technical Education of the state of Uttarakhand with not less than 60% of aggregate marks or even candidates with B. Sc PCM group with at least 60% of aggregate marks are also eligible to apply. Admission to lateral entry B. Tech course is done based on the merit secured by candidates in UKSEE examination conducted by the Uttarakhand Technical University.
MCA: For admission to the Master of Computer Applications course offered by RIT, candidates with degree in any discipline with mathematics as a subject at the 10+2 level are eligible to apply. Admission to this course is done based on merit secured by candidates in UKSEE Examination.
MBA: For admission to the MBA in RIT, candidates with degree in any discipline with not less than 50% of aggregate marks are eligible to apply. Admission to this course is done based on merit secured by candidates in MAT/CAT Examination.
Training and placement at RIT:
Excellent placement opportunities for its bright deserving candidates had always been a foremost objective of RIT. The institute considers its job as complete only when all its students get an encouraging entrance into their respective professional areas. For this purpose, a placement cell has been created by the institute for offering the best guidance to its students.
Roorkee Institute of Technology
8th Km Dehradun Road, Puhana,
Roorkee - 247 667
- List of Top colleges in Roorkee
- Project Fellow, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
- MBA Colleges in Uttaranchal
- Engineering Colleges in Uttranchal
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee
- MCA Colleges in Uttranchal
- Bishamber Sahay Management Institute, Roorkee (Uttarakhand)
- Breakthrough in Paper Technology course
- Professor, Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology (Roorkee)
- B.Tech in Computer Science in College of Engineering, Roorkee
- IIT Roorkee 2011 Ph.D
- List of Colleges in Uttarakhand Technical University
- List of AICTE approved colleges in Uttaranchal
- IIT Roorkee DoMS 2011 MBA
- BRD College of Management and Sciences, Roorkee