25th December 2011, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to pursue M.Tech after completion of BCA?

Hi,
Is it possible to study M.Tech after BCA. plz suggest me the way...sorry if its stupid question....

26th December 2011, 05:21 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it possible to pursue M.Tech after completion of BCA?

dear friend,

After B.C.A. at first you have to pursue B.Tech. or M.C.A. degree and then only you can pursue M.Tech. degree.Because only B.Tech. and M.C.A. degree holders are eligible for M.Tech.

So I think first go for M.C.A. after B.C.A. and then you will easily get chance in M.Tech.

The best way for the M.Tech is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (G.A.T.E.) which is an all-India examination administered and conducted in eight zones such that

One Indian Institute of Science(IISc),Bangalore and the Seven I.I.T.s(Bombay,Kharagpur,Kanpur,Guahati,Roorkee,Ma dra s,Delhi)

through this examination you can take admission in India's top most colleges like:

* Indian Institute of Science(IISc),Bangalore

* Indian Institute of Technology,Bombay

* Indian Institute of Technology,Kharagpur

* Indian Institute of Technology,Kanpur

* Indian Institute of Technology,Guahati

* Indian Institute of Technology,Roorkee

* Indian Institute of Technology,Madras

* Indian Institute of Technology,Delhi.

good luck.
25th January 2012, 06:06 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible for M.tech.

For doing M.tech, You need a bachelor's degree in engineering, i.e B.tech or B.E.

If you don't have an engineering degree, you have to do post graduation i.e you should have a master's degree in your field.

Now, you are not an engineering graduates, you have done a course in computer application. i.e BCA
And you have not also done post graduation after BCA, i.e MCA, or MBA or M.Sc.

Now your next step is to complete your post graduation like MCA or MBA to become eligible for M.Tech by giving GATE.

For more details visit- http://gate.iitm.ac.in/
31st January 2012, 07:56 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

The best way for the M.Tech is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) which is an all-India examination administered and conducted in eight zones such that

One Indian Institute of Science(IISc),Bangalore and the Seven IITs(Bombay,Kharagpur,Kanpur,Guahati,Roorkee,Madra s,Delhi)

through this examination you can take admission in India's top most colleges like:

Indian Institute of Science(IISc),Bangalore

Indian Institute of Technology,Bombay

Indian Institute of Technology,Kharagpur

Indian Institute of Technology,Kanpur

Indian Institute of Technology,Guahati

Indian Institute of Technology,Roorkee

Indian Institute of Technology,Madras

Indian Institute of Technology,Delhi

According to the Eligibility of the GATE:

1:You should have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology or Architecture or Pharmacy of 4 years after 10+2.

2:You can also apply if you are in the final or pre-final year examination of the Master Degree.

or
3:You have to be a Master degree holders in any branch of Science like Physics,Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Applications etc....

4:You can also apply if you are in the final or pre-final year examination of the Master Degree.

for more about GATE visit:http://www.onestopgate.com/

http://www.gateforum.com

beside this exam there are some important exam

1:VIT Master's Entrance Examination (VITMEE)
www.vit.ac.in

2:BITSAT
[COLOR="Navy"www.bitsadmission.com[/COLOR]

3:Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test(TANCET )

4:Gitam University Online Entrance Test or GAT
www.gitam.edu

5:North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology (NERIST)
www.nerist.ac.in
6:SRM Engineering Entrance Exam(SRMEEE)
www.srmuniv.ac.in etc.
13th March 2012, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

what is the best way after bca and where?
25th April 2013, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

Is that possible to take admission in btech after bca?
1st June 2013, 12:15 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
Is it possible to study M.Tech after BCA. plz suggest me the way...sorry if its stupid question....
Being a BCA Candidate your not applicable for M.Tech course .. BCA is not enough qualification to apply for M.tech course .. Only the candidate candidate who Complete Bachelor of Engineering Course (or) Master degree course in Science Course are eligible for M.tech course ..

So, As for Now your not applicable for M.tech course ..

So, I suggest you to apply for M.sc Course after Completing your M.sc Course your applicable for M.tech course ..

M.tech Stands for Master of Technology .. The duration of the course is for three years and the course is divided into Six semester ..

There are lot of Specialization available in M.tech courses like, Biomedical Engineering , Electrical Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Civil Engineering , Mechanical Engineering Etc..

Eligibility Criteria for M.tech Course .

Applicant should Complete B.E/B.tech course from recognized university and Every Candidate need to Score Minimum 50% Percentage of marks in Order to get admission for B.TECH course ..

(OR)

The candidate should Complete Master degree course in Science Course from recognized university . The candidate Need to score Minimum 60% Percentage of marks ..

Admission for this Course is based on the Entrance Examination like AIEEE/BITSAT/IIT-JEE Entrance Examiantion ..

Suggestion ~~

So, Suggest you to Complete M.sc Course After Completing your M.sc Course your definitely eligible for M.tech course .
2nd June 2013, 11:47 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
Don't confuse your self BCA and M.Tech course . After completing BCA course , you are not eligible to apply for the M.Tech course . M.Tech is Master of Technology and duration of course is 2 years . BCA course is not equivalent to B.E/B.Tech to apply for the M.Tech course . Only B.E/B.Tech candidates are eligible to apply for the M.Tech course .

If you want to apply for the M.Tech course then you have to complete your PG course and then you are eligible to apply for the M.Tech . You can finish your pg in MCA or M.Sc courses .

MCA Stands for Master of Computer Application and duration of course is 3 years and it is divided into Six Semesters .

~~Bachelor's degree in any discipline of a recognized Institution .
~~Must secure at least 60% marks and 5% relaxation is given reserved categories .
~~Final year candidates are eligible to apply for the MCA entrance examination.

M.Sc Stands for Master of Science and duration of course is 2 years and it is divide into four semesters .

~~Bachelor's degree in any discipline of a recognized Institution .
~~Must secure at least 50% marks and 5% relaxation is given reserved categories .

So , you can select any one of these course and then complete your PG course . After completing PG course you are eligible to apply .

Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech course ::

~~The applicant need to completed their degree in B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch from a recognized University or equivalent qualification .

~~The applicant need to completed their MCA/M.Sc/MA from a recognized University or equivalent qualification .

~~The applicant need to completed their Integrated Master program from a recognized University or equivalent qualification .
23rd September 2013, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

Hi,
Is it possible to study M.Tech after BCA. plz suggest me the way.
4th November 2013, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

I Completed BCA this year correspondence from bharti vidyapeth university and now i want to do MCA regular.My percentage is 56%.In delhi and ncr,what or which enterance exam can i apply and one more thing.My percentage in 10 is 50% and in 12 is 60% with arts (without maths)
4th November 2013, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

I Completed BCA this year correspondence from bharti vidyapeth university and now i want to do MCA regular.My percentage is 56%.In delhi and ncr,what or which enterance exam can i apply and one more thing.My percentage in 10 is 50% and in 12 is 60% with arts (without maths)........plz reply and suggest me........ [email protected]
13th December 2013, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

can i go for M.Te in computer science after completing mca 2year?
25th March 2015, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

can i do MS after BCA ? what willl be the criteria?? and which colleges offer MS in india?
30th December 2015, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

i had completed bca in 2015 and i have selected for wipro for IT and now they are providing mtech for 4 years.is it useful????
17th January 2017, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Yes it is possible to M.Tech in Conversing Technology(3 Years Program) from University of Rajasthan,
for more Visit: http://www.uniraj.ac.in/cct/index.php?pid=49
11th July 2017, 11:25 PM
stylesclash
Junior Member+

No you are not qualified to do M.tech
because to do M.tech you must have done B.tech.
Doing M.tech after BCA ( bachelor of computer application) is not possible nor it will be of any benefit to you.
In my opinion you must do MCA ( Master of computer application) after BCA.
It would be much better option.
after MCA you can get a job in big companies like
Acenture
Wipro
flipkart
Infosys
HCL
Amazon
snapdeal
etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?