Selection Procedure for G.M.E Course
Various institutions like Coimbatore Marine College, Vels Academy of Maritime Studies, International Maritime Institute (IMI) etc offer G.M.E course for the aspirants who wishes to become a Marine engineer. One can complete this course within one year. The details regarding the course like eligibility criteria and selection procedure for getting admission into this course are mentioned below.
Aspirants should hold any of the following qualifications to be eligible for applying to this course.
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- Bachelor of engineering in Naval Architecture
The other conditions being:
- They should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in total in the qualifying degree.
- They should not be more than 28 years of age to be eligible for this course.
- They need to be medical fit as well. The doctor which gives the medical certificate must be approved by Director General Shipping.
- Eye sight of the candidate must be +/ - 2.5 to apply for this course.
- They must not be having any color blindness
Certain institutions also take into consideration the following criteria.
- Sponsorship by any of the Shipping Companies
- Fluency in English
- Certification in extracurricular activities like NSS / NCC / SPORTS
- Family Members or relatives in Shipping
- 65% overall aggregate in 8 Semesters
The selection procedure will be different depending on the selected college for studying this course. In most of the institutes like Chidambaram Institute of Marine Technology and Vels Academy of Maritime Studies the first round of selection will be an entrance test. Those who qualify in the first round will have to go through Psychometric Test round. In this round their suitability for a career in sea is evaluated. Those who clear these two rounds have to face the medical fitness round.
In this round evaluation of physical fitness of the aspirant is done. There will be only a limited number of seats in this course for most of the colleges. Aspirants who clear all these rounds successfully will get admission to this course.
List of Institutes offering G.M.E Course
- Mumbai Maritime Training Institute (MMTI), Mumbai
- Coimbatore Marine College, Coimbatore
- Vels Academy of Maritime Studies, Chennai
- Academy of Maritime Education and Training (AMET), Kanathur
- Maritime Foundation, Chennai
- S.B. Vignesh Marine Training Centre, Chennai
- International Maritime Institute (IMI), New Delhi
These are the top colleges in India offering G.M.E course. They can nurture the aspirants to enter to high profile jobs in marine engineering after the completion of the courses.
- Selection Procedure for GME in AEMA
- GME –Colleges and Admission Process
- Courses and Admisison in Vishwakarma Maritime University
- GME Course in AEMA-Eligibility and Fee Details
- Career in Merchant Navy after B.Sc in Nautical Science
- Eligibility and Admission Procedure for M.A History in Delhi University
- Inspire Fellowship - Essential Details
- Selection and Application Procedure in DVC
- Selection and Application Procedure for Recruitment in Indian Navy
- Eligibility Criteria and Admission Procedure for MBA in Mizoram University
- How to find job in Nationalized Banks
- BSNL - JTO Placement Preparation Tips and Placement Process
- Selection and Application Procedure for Recruitment in Indian Bank
- Head, Chief Manager, National Payments Corporation of India
- Asst Manager Recruitment in NHB — Eligibility and Selection Process