Summer internship program in L & T
Summer internship program offered at L & T is a two month training program. This program is meant for the students of premier B-schools who have successfully completed their first year of MBA program. Further details regarding the SIP are mentioned in the article below.
Selection Procedure for internship Program
The selection procedure for SIP offered at L & T is a two step process. The first round of selection will be a 1 hour functional group discussion. In this level of selection the aspirants will be given topics associated with HRM and OB. Several skills of the applicants are evaluated at this level like the following.
- Communication skills
- Degree of Participation
- Depth of knowledge
- Application of knowledge
Within this 1 hour there will be a chance for every individual to express their views on the topic. Based on the student’s performance in this round they will be short listed to the second and last level of selection which will be an interview. The interview will be for time duration of 15 to 20 minutes. The interview will be conducted so as to evaluate the following skills.
- Organizational Fit
- Personal Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
The offers will be made directly on the spot or else on the same day. After selection, L & T will keep a higher level of contact with all the short listed interns of L & T. The company will make sure that they are well informed about the future proceedings of the internship.
Institutes visited by L & T for SIP
For Finance, L & T generally visit the following institutions:
- IIM, Indore
- XLRI, Jamshedpur
- IIM, Kozhikode
- IIM, Lucknow
For HR, L & T visit the following institutions:
- Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
- XLRI, Jamshedpur
- Symbiosis Centre for Management and HRD, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune
Structure of summer internship program in L & T
Each of the selected interns will be assigned to a particular department depending on their specialization. They will be assigned to one of the three projects like Core project, Group project, and Idea project. During the program they will be offered a monthly stipend of around Rs.15000/-. There will be separate guides assigned for each project. They will also be allocated a Project Sponsor as well. During the course they will undergo various personal and also interpersonal competencies programs like Planning & Organizing, Drive for Result, Team Orientation and so on.
- Details of Summer Internship in IIT, Roorkee
- Summer Internship (Computer Science) in IIT Bombay
- Summer Internship for Engineering Graduates in IISc
- Summer Internship in IIT, Delhi
- Summer Internship for B.Tech and MBA Graduates in HCL
- Summer Internship Programme in NITK
- Summer Training for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering Graduates
- It’s the time of year for internships
- Details of Summer Training in i3indya Technologies
- RISE 2011
- Summer Training for B.Tech students at ALTTC, BSNL
- Training and Placement in Heritage Institute of Technology
- Lourde College of Nursing, Taliparam
- IFBI’s PGDBO: Course Details
- Is Internship the very first step towards a Job?