Video Editor - How to become a Video Editor?
Video is a means of communication of fictional and non-fictional happenings. Video editing deals with the editing or deleting out of the unwanted parts of captured videos by giving extra sound recordings and other special effects. The candidates who successfully complete the video editing course can work as video editors. It is a mind-warming career for those who have interest in working with the media and entertainment industry. The work profile of the video editors includes accumulating unrefined material and processing it into a finished form, which is suitable for broadcasting. Most of the video editors work in films, TV shows, documentaries, event videos, etc.
To become a video editor, one has to learn the video editing courses. There are various courses offered to the aspirants who have flair in video editing. Some of the courses in video editing are listed below.
- Diploma in Video Editing
- Diploma in Video Editing & Sound Recording
- Diploma in Film Editing
- Certificate Course in Non-Linear Editing
- Post Graduate Diploma in Post Production (Editing)
To get good career in digital video editing, one should complete the bachelors’ or masters’ degree courses in the concerned field.
Who is eligible to apply?
To apply for the diploma and bachelors’ degree courses, the candidates need to complete the 10+2 classes from any stream. Also, for doing the PG course in editing, the candidate should be a graduate. The candidates who have good creativity and extreme interest in the field can become successful editors. The editor should be well versed in the technical sides too.
How to prepare for exam and interview?
An entrance exam is held for admitting the candidates in Postgraduate programmes in video editing. Various institutions conduct these examinations. There are innumerous openings for the video editors as they work in a developing and enlightening field. Asian Academy of Film & Television, Noida, Bihar Institute of Film and Television, Patna are some of the institutes in India that provide video editing courses. The aspirants after completing the programmes can seek for jobs in India or abroad.
- Film and Video Editor – How to become a Film and Video Editor?
- Difference between a Copy Writer and Copy Editor
- Difference between Editing and Proof Reading
- News Editor - How to become a News Editor?
- Sub Editor, The Indian Law Institute
- Journalism jobs in Mumbai
- Career In Animation
- Courses in Animation and Benefits
- Government jobs in the field of Publishing in India
- Career In Audio Engineering
- Colleges for Journalism in India
- Courses in Visual Communication and Opportunities
- Career after B.A in Mass Communication & Journalism
- Scope of a Masters Degree in Mass Communication