Andaman Public Works Department - Planning Assistant Post
Andaman Public Works Department (APWD) has invited application for the post Planning Assistant for Town & Country Planning Unit. There is total of 13 vacancies. The exam is scheduled for January/ February. Graduates who have specialized in areas like architecture, civil engineering, planning is eligible to apply for this post. Minimum one year experience in the area of specialistion during graduation is a must.
The minimum age requirement for both male and female candidates is 18 years. For men the upper age limit is 30 years and for female is 35 years.
Education Qualification Requirement
Candidates with Bachelors degree from recognized institute in any of the following areas can apply
- Civil Engineering
Candidates who have completed both Part A and B levels of AIIA from Indian Institute of Architects or Institution of Engineers can apply. Along with this qualification at least one year of experience in the field of architecture, civil engineering or planning is a must. Work experience in Geographical Information System Software will be an added advantage. The same is not compulsory.
Application Procedure for Planning Assistant Post
The documents to be attached along with the form are mentioned below:
- Age proof
- Certificates of Educational qualification
- Valid Employment Registration card
- Experience certificate
The last date for submitting the filled application form along with supporting document is 10th December 2013. For candidates residing in Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim, Nagaland, Tripura, Ladak Division of J & K State, Pangi Sub-Division, Spiti and Lahaul District Lakshadweep the last date to apply is 20th December 2013. Applications should be sent through speed post alone.
Selection Procedure for Planning Assistant Post
There will be two parts to the selection procedure i.e. Written test and Interview. The written test will consist of both technical as well as aptitude oriented questions. Questions for the technical section will be based on the area of specialisation during graduation. Aptitude oriented questions will cover areas like Reasoning, GK, Numerical Ability etc. There are a total of 100 questions with 60 questions in the technical section and 40 questions in the aptitude oriented section. Candidates should be careful during the test as there is 1/4th negative marking for each wrong answer. Based on the score in the written test candidates will be called for the interview round.
Pay Band and Grade Pay
The selected candidates will fall under the pay band of Rs. 9500 to Rs. 34800/-. They can expect a grade pay of Rs 4200/-.
- Government Jobs in Public Works Sector
- Engineer, Research Assistant, U.P. Public Service Commission
- Junior Engineer - Andaman & Nicobar Administration
- Project Assistant, Technical Assistant, India Meteorological Department
- Lakshadweep Harbour Works – Junior Engineer
- Assistant Architect, Punjab Public Service Commission
- Government Jobs in Urban Development Sector
- Principal, Junior Engineers, Publice Service Commission, Uttar Pradesh
- Planning Engineer - How to become a Planning Engineer?
- Assistant Engineer, Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission
- Various Posts, School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal
- Dy. Librarian, Assistant Professor, School of Planning and Architecture
- Mechanical Engineering, Career in Mechanical Engineering
- Deputy Librarian, Assistant Professor, School of Planning and Architecture
- Government Colleges for Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration