Courses in NIT, Jamshedpur and Admission Procedure
B.Tech, M.Tech, MCA and Ph.D are the academic programmes offered in National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur. Admission to B.Tech programs are offered on the basis of AIEEE score where as admission to M.Tech courses are offered on the basis of GATE score. NIMCET is the qualifying exam for MCA course and selection of candidates to doctoral courses are done through departmental test and interview.
Courses offered in NIT Jamshedpur
- Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Electronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Metallurgical Engineering and Material Science
- Bachelor of Technology in Production Engineering and Management
- Master of Technology in Extractive Metallurgy
- Master of Technology in Foundry Technology
- Master of Technology in Power System
- Master of Technology in Computer Integrated Design and Manufacturing
- Master of Technology in Surface Science and Engineering
- Master of Computer Application
- Doctor of Philosophy in Metallurgical Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy in Mathematics
Admission Procedure in NIT Jamshedpur
B.Tech Courses - Admission to B.Tech courses are offered on the basis of AIEEE score. Out of the total seats available for B.Tech course, 50% is reserved for aspirants belonging to the state (where the institute is located). Remaining 50% seats are reserved for candidates of other state and foreign nationals.
M.Tech Courses - Score obtained in GATE exam acts as the basis for admission to M.Tech courses. Applicants are short-listed on the basis of this score for further evaluation process. Final selection of candidates is done through screening test/interview carried out in the institute itself. Those who perform well in this stage can expect admission to the course.
MCA Course - Graduates with Mathematics at 12th level are eligible to apply for MCA course. Eligible candidates should qualify in NIT MCA Common Entrance Test or NIMCET to seek admission to the course.
Ph.D Courses - Those who seek admission to Ph.D courses in NIT Jamshedpur must have any of the master degree qualifications.
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Computer Application
- Master of Technology (in the concerned stream)
They must have at least 60% marks in the qualifying examination. Admission to doctorate level courses is offered on the basis of academic performance and test & interview. In this 70%, weightage is given to the marks obtained in the qualifying exam and rest for test and interview conducted by the respective department.
- Jamshedpur Co-operative Law College, Jamshedpur (Jharkhand)
- Engineering Colleges in Jharkhand and Entrance Exams
- NIT Jamshedpur, National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
- MCA Colleges in Jharkhand
- BM and PMIR in XLRI Jamshedpur –Admission Procedure and Fee Details
- IDTR 2011
- List of Top colleges in Jharkhand
- Contact Details and Address of XLRI
- Best Schools in Jamshedpur
- Government Colleges in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
- National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
- XLRI 2011
- B.Tech in NIT, Jamshedpur
- Difference between Xavier Admission Test (XAT) and Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- List of AICTE approved colleges in Jharkhand