Courses offered at TISS Hyderabad, Guwahati and Tuljapur campuses
TATA Institute of Social Sciences has campuses at Hyderabad, Guwahati and Tuljapur. Integrated B.A. & M.A and M.A. Programmes are offered in all the campuses. M.Phil and Ph.D courses are offered only at Hyderabad campus.
Integrated B.A. & M.A course structure
The Integrated Masters course has been launched in Hyderabad, Guwahati and Tuljapur in the year 2012. The course covers areas like economic, psychological, cultural, social, political and environmental theories. On completion of three years, students will be awarded B.A. in Social Sciences degree. There after the students will have the option to discontinue or continue with the course. If they plan to continue they can do so without appearing for the entrance exam. This option is available only if they plan to continue in the same campus. If they wish to switch over to any other campus then they will need to appear for the entrance exam.
Master’s Degree Course structure
The duration of each of these courses is two years and consists of four semesters. The courses are offered in all the three campuses of TISS. The various areas of specialisation are mentioned below:
- M.A Rural Development and Governance - This course covers recent happenings on areas like local governance, participatory and inclusive rural development, decentralisation etc. Bachelors degree in any field is the minimum qualification required for this post. NGO staff, policy makers, Development practitioners are also eligible to apply.
- M.A Public Policy and Governance- The course gives an insight on the public policies and government initiatives. The students are made the perspective behind the public policy formulation. The course helps build activists and leaders.
- M.A Development Studies – The course is designed to help students understand the economy and market. It helps the students to develop critical perspectives. Students learn about the various theories and models. Students are trained in planning and management.
- M.A Education – The key requirements in the education field are addressed. The students learn to develop teaching materials, administrating educational institutions, influence education policies etc.
- M.A Women’s Studies – Areas like research, social policy with women in aspect is covered. It provides needed information on requirements to work on women, gender issues and other areas.
Integrated M.Phil & Ph.D course structure
TISS Hyderabad offers integrated M.Phil & Ph.D course in education and women studies. The course is recognised by UGC Net.
Direct Ph.D in Women’s Studies and Social Sciences
Students enrolling for this programme have two options in hand. One is to enrol under TISS Hyderabad and be guided by a TISS faculty. The other option is enrol under TISS Hyderabad and have a guide from Council for Social Development (CSD). They are also eligible for ICSSR Fellowship if they are not employed anywhere.
- TISS Mumbai, Tata Institite of Social Sciences, Mumbai
- Professor, Associate Professor, Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- Professor, Assistant Professor, Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- Associate and Assistant Professors - Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai
- TISS UG 2011 Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- Application Forms for various Social Science Entrance Exams
- List of Courses in Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
- List of Social Science Entrance Exams
- Professors, Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- List of Humanities Entrance Exams
- BSc in social science and its contribution to the society
- TIFR coaching institutes
- List of Universities in Maharashtra
- Madurai Institute of Social Sciences, Madurai
- List of Universities in Mumbai