27th October 2011, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

How to get admission in IIT for UG Biotech course? What is the procedure for it?

how do i get admission in iit for u.g. biotech course.what is the procedure for examination?

Related Questions:
  1. How to get admission in IIT for UG Biotech course? What is the procedure for it?
  2. What is the procedure to take admission in BSc biotechnology?
  3. Procedure to get admission for M.Sc Agri Biotech after completion of B.Sc in Agri Biotech?
  4. List of top institutes in India offering MSc Biotech course? What is their total seat capacity? What is the admission procedure?
  5. Detailed procedure to apply for Training programme in IIT Roorkee for M.Sc(Applied Microbiology & Biotechnology) student?
  6. Are this years Biotech exam forms available? What is the admission procedure for Biotech admission in BHU?
  7. Admission procedure in DU for BSc Biotech?
  8. Which is better for msc. biotech IIIT or JNU? which campus is better for msc. biotech IIT BOMBAY or IIT ROORKEE?
  9. Is it possible to do M.A after graduating in Biotech?
  10. What is the procedure followed for getting admission in BHU for Biotech engineering? -- [New]
  11. List of government and private colleges for Pharma.D, B.Pharma and BSc Biotech? What is the admission procedure and fee structure of the colleges? What is the eligibility criteria? Am I applicable for B.E Biotech if my subject in 12th was Biology? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Guidance for entry into bioinformatics field?
  13. What is the procedure to take admission in G.E? I am a BSc Biotech final year student
  14. Scope of research in Biotech? Which are the good institutes? Procedure to take admission?
  15. Which Entrance Exams I have to give for careers in Biotechnology? Best colleges for this course?
  16. How to apply for GATE exam for M.Tech Biotechnology after doing MSc Biotech from Amity University? What is the admission procedure?
  17. What is the procedure followed to get admission for Ph.D in IIT?
  18. How to take admission in MSc Biotech after passing B.E Biotech?
29th October 2011, 01:21 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission in IIT for UG Biotech course? What is the procedure for it?

Dear Friend

There is an entrance examination named Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) conducted
by an IIT on behalf of All IITs for admission to undergraduate programs at 15 campuses
of IITs, ISM Dhanbad and IT-BHU Varansai.

The admission to all the B.Tech. programs in IITs is done through this JEE only.

The admission to B.Tech. in biotechnology is done through same procedure.

There are four campuses of IITs where B.Tech. in Biotechnology are offered.

These are; IIT Guwahati, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras and IIT Roorkee.

The notification for the JEE which is to be conducted in 2012, has been published.

Kindly visit any IIT website for details about JEE.

http://jee.iitm.ac.in/
29th October 2011, 01:48 AM
abhin91
Member+

Default Re: How to get admission in IIT for UG Biotech course? What is the procedure for it?

FOr admission into an iit for ug biotech course you have to take up JEE conducted by iits on second sunday of april.
For knowing the eligibility of this exam visit:
http://www.jee.iitb.ac.in/eligibility.htm
29th October 2011, 12:58 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to get admission in IIT for UG Biotech course? What is the procedure for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how do i get admission in iit for u.g. biotech course.what is the procedure for examination?

How To Get Admission in IIT

For getting admission into IIT..you need to clear the IIT-JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) which is held every year for admissions into the undergraduate course of B.Tech in India's top most institutions like IITs,ISM Dhanbad,IT BHU,IISER and many more..

IIT-JEE is considered to be the toughest engineering entrance exam in India and you need to work really very hard to clear the exam..

On the basis of your rank in IIT-JEE you can choose the college in which Biotechnology is offered..(read the information brochure and it shall provide you with the list of colleges and the courses available in the respective colleges)

Eligibility Criteria :-

In order to appear for IIT-JEE you need to have the following minimum qualifications :-

1) You should have passed 12th with 60% or above in Physics,Chemistry and Maths

2) You have only 2 attempts to clear the exam..means if you are passing your 12th in the year 2012..then you are eligible for appearing in IIT-JEE 2012 and 2013..

3) You must be within the age limit of 25 years..

The forms shall be available in the market from 11th November,2011..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
24th January 2012, 02:35 AM
Unregistered

I have done 12th with pcb and want to get admission in biotechnology in iit, then also maths is required ?
24th November 2012, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

I am now in 12th with pure science i.e. physics/chemistry/biology. Can I sit for IIT JEE for Biotechnology? Please advise
10th November 2013, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

can i pursue b.tech biotech from iit roorkee without maths
19th November 2013, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
i am now 11th std but i want to information about for my next future about biotecnology and im choose my PCB group.so can i sit for then IIt and JEE exam for B.T?
PLZ Advise?
22nd March 2014, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir pls kindly tell me dat I instead of being pcb student can sit in jee exam for biotech?
18th May 2015, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
Can i get admission in IIt for btech biotech without maths ?coz I m a biology student
29th July 2015, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

I am in 12 th now. I took pcb. I have no maths but I have a great urge to seek in the field of biotechnology. Is there any course which does'nt demand maths for undergraduate program?
Please reply if anyone knows....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?