Selection Procedure for Assistant Sub-Inspector (Steno) post in Sashastra Seema Bal
Sashastra Seema Bal under the Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs has called for applications for the post of Assistant Sub-Inspector (Steno). There is total of 28 vacancies. Selection will be based on Physical Standard Test, Physical Efficiency Test, Written Test, Shorthand Test and Transcription on Computer. Details of each of these rounds are mentioned below
The selection procedure begins with document verification. The candidate will be required to produce all the original documents to prove their age and education qualification. Community certificate, Discharge certificate, NOC too needs to be submitted if required. The name, age, father’s name will be verified.
Physical Standard Test (PST)
Only candidates who documents have been verified will be allowed to appear for this round. The physical measurement for the candidates is taken during this round. Even though Ex-Servicemen are exempted from this round, their physical measurement will be recorded.
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
The next round to be cleared is the Physical Efficiency Test. In this round the candidate will need to clear rounds like race, long jump and high jump.
Only candidates who have cleared all the above rounds will be eligible to take this test. There will be questions from areas like General Knowledge, Arithmetic and Reasoning. Other than these there will be a section on Hindi or English. Candidates can select based on their comfort in the language. It will be a 100 marks paper with 25 marks for each of the sections. The duration of this exam is 2 hours. The candidates will need to mark their answer in the OMR sheet. To qualify this round, candidates will need to score a minimum of 50%. For SC/ST the minimum marks required is 45%.
Shorthand Test and Transcription on Computer
On clearing the written test round the candidates will need to appear for the Shorthand Test (Skill Test) and Transcription on Computer round. For the shorthand test round candidates will need to type 80 words per minute. The duration of this test is 10 minutes. The duration of the transcription round is 50 minutes for English. The duration for those selecting Hindi as a medium will be given 65 minutes.
Final Medical Examination
Only candidates who clear the written test and the skill test will be called for this round. Being called for this round or clearing the final medical examination round does not mean that the candidate has been selected. The score in the written test and skill test will be the deciding factor for final selection.
- Commandant, Chief Inspector of Armaments, Sashastra Seema Bal
- Sub-Inspector (Telecom/Pioneer), Sashastra Seema Bal
- Inspectors and Sub Inspectors, Sashastra Seema Bal
- ‘Assistant Sub Inspector (Telecommunication)’ Recruitment in Sashastra Seema Bal -2013
- Sub Inspector, Head Constable, Sashastra Seema Bal
- Constable (Driver), Sashastra Seema Bal
- Constable (Telecom/Veterinary), Sashastra Seema Bal
- Head Constable (Ministerial), Sashastra Seema Bal
- Constable (Lab Assistant) - Sashastra Seema Bal
- Government Jobs in Ministry of Home Affairs
- Head Constable, Sashastra Seema Bal
- Contable (Tradesmen) Cadre, Sashastra Seema Bal
- Constable (Nursing Orderly) - Sashastra Seema Bal
- Sub-Inspector of fisheries, Inspector of Fisheries, Research Assistant, Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- SI (Staff Nurse) - Sashastra Seema Bal