20th June 2014, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

Admission, duration, institutes, placement and job options for PGDCA course?

Hello . I'm a 3rd year BSc student with Physics Hons . I'll be completing my graduation in 2015 . I want to know about the post graduate diploma courses I can do after graduation . I have heard about PGDCA (Post graduate diploma in Computer Application) . It will great if I can get details on this course . Points I want to know are --

1. How to get admission in PGDCA ? Is there any entrance test I'll have to sit for ?

2. Course duration . I heard its just 1 year / 2 sem long course . Is it true ?

3. Good institutes that offer this course & there criteria . It will be great if I can infos about institutes in west bengal .
4. Do these institutes offer placement after the course ends ?

5. Job options after completion of this course .

Please help me . Thanks in advance

P.S - As I said I'm Physics hons. student . I have got 56% marks in first 2 years . Are there other post graduate diploma courses I can do instead of PGDCA ? Thanks in advance .

17th January 2015, 10:38 PM
smithapriya

Default Re: Admission, duration, institutes, placement and job options for PGDCA course?

Post Graduate diploma in Computer Application ,is 1 years complete course for the Graduates.

The objective of this programme is to develop system programmers and analysts to meet the manpower requirement of fast developing software industry. The programme is designed to enrich the programming and analysis ability of students.

Eligibility criteria:
You should have completed graduation from recognized university .
You should have secured minimum 50% pass marks in graduation .
You should have mathematics in 10+2 exam for being eligible .
Candidates who are preparing for final year degree examination are also eligible .
You should have age of 20 years.

Admission Procedure:
Candidates can seek admission to this PG Diploma course based on their marks in graduation. Weightage will be given for B.E/B.Tech graduates or Master’s degree holders for admission into PGDCA course offered by certain institutions. As there is no entrance test, candidates can seek admission directly by submitting their application.

Top Institutes offering PGDCA Course:
• Kakatiya University, Andhra Pradesh
• A.P.R.M. College of Information Technology, Kerala
• Gauhati Commerce College, Assam
• Patna University, Bihar
• Guru Gobind Singh College, Chandigarh
• Pandit Ravi Shanker Shukla University, Chattisgarh
• University of Delhi, New Delhi
• Goa University, Goa
• Gujarat University, Gujarat
• Kurukshetra University, Haryana
• Himachal Pradesh University, Himachal Pradesh
• University of Kashmir, Jammu and Kashmir
• Coxtan College, Jharkhand
• Gulbarga University, Karnataka
• Madras Christian College, Tamil Nadu
• Tamil Nadu Open University, Tamil Nadu
• Dr. B.R.Ambedkar University, Uttar Pradesh
• University of North Bengal, West Bengal

After completing your PGDCA you can go for MCA which makes you equivalent to B.Tech computer Engineering. You can go for teaching Computer in Schools. You can also go for several jobs in IT field.

PGDCA pass outs have numerous career openings in public sector organizations. Initially they will be paid a monthly salary of Rs.10000 to Rs.15000 per month. PGDCA pass outs are employed in several private sector organizations as well.
19th January 2015, 05:23 PM
Humstudents

Default Re: Admission, duration, institutes, placement and job options for PGDCA course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithapriya View Post
Post Graduate diploma in Computer Application ,is 1 years complete course for the Graduates.

The objective of this programme is to develop system programmers and analysts to meet the manpower requirement of fast developing software industry. The programme is designed to enrich the programming and analysis ability of students.

Eligibility criteria:
You should have completed graduation from recognized university .
You should have secured minimum 50% pass marks in graduation .
You should have mathematics in 10+2 exam for being eligible .
Candidates who are preparing for final year degree examination are also eligible .
You should have age of 20 years.

Admission Procedure:
Candidates can seek admission to this PG Diploma course based on their marks in graduation. Weightage will be given for B.E/B.Tech graduates or Master’s degree holders for admission into PGDCA course offered by certain institutions. As there is no entrance test, candidates can seek admission directly by submitting their application.

Top Institutes offering PGDCA Course:
• Kakatiya University, Andhra Pradesh
• A.P.R.M. College of Information Technology, Kerala
• Gauhati Commerce College, Assam
• Patna University, Bihar
• Guru Gobind Singh College, Chandigarh
• Pandit Ravi Shanker Shukla University, Chattisgarh
• University of Delhi, New Delhi
• Goa University, Goa
• Gujarat University, Gujarat
• Kurukshetra University, Haryana
• Himachal Pradesh University, Himachal Pradesh
• University of Kashmir, Jammu and Kashmir
• Coxtan College, Jharkhand
• Gulbarga University, Karnataka
• Madras Christian College, Tamil Nadu
• Tamil Nadu Open University, Tamil Nadu
• Dr. B.R.Ambedkar University, Uttar Pradesh
• University of North Bengal, West Bengal

After completing your PGDCA you can go for MCA which makes you equivalent to B.Tech computer Engineering. You can go for teaching Computer in Schools. You can also go for several jobs in IT field.

PGDCA pass outs have numerous career openings in public sector organizations. Initially they will be paid a monthly salary of Rs.10000 to Rs.15000 per month. PGDCA pass outs are employed in several private sector organizations as well.
This is really fantastic and detailed information for PGDCA. Clearly defined for eligibility and age requirements etc...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?