21st July 2015, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Admission Procedure for joining Degree course in IIT after Diploma?

Hi,

I am pursuing Diploma in Electronics and Communication. And i am intrested in taking admission in second year B.Tech in IIT. What is the procedure?

Related Questions:
  1. After diploma what should I take for admission in degree? Procedure for Diploma to Diploma admission?
  2. Is it possible to pursue degree course in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?
  3. What is the procedure to follow to get admission for degree course after completion of diploma course?
  4. What is the procedure to take admission for degree course after completing after diploma?
  5. What is the procedure to follow to do degree after diploma?
  6. Which correspondence degree course should i join after diploma in E&C engineering? What's the joining procedure?
  7. How to take admission in IIT college in degree? I am a civil diploma holder
  8. Procedure to get admission in direct 2nd year engineering degree course in Gujarat after scoring 64% in Diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Diploma to Degree admission in IT engineering at DAIICT?
  10. Admission procedure from Diploma to degree engineering in Pune?
  11. How to get admission in IIT Bombay after completing Diploma?
  12. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to get admission in IGNOU for MCA program? Procedure to get admission?
  13. Procedure to get admission in IIT Bombay after Diploma engineering? Score required in final semester?
  14. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  15. Procedure to follow to do diploma to degree in chemical Enginering in Gujarat
  16. What is the criteria and procedure for taking admission in Degree College after completing Diploma from I.T.?
  17. How to get admission in IIT program after completing diploma in chemical engineering?
  18. Is it possible to join IIT after completion of 3 years diploma course from BTEUP?
21st July 2015, 10:22 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission Procedure for joining Degree course in IIT after Diploma?

No, Diploma holders are not eligible to take admission in B.Tech course in IIT. IIT's does not offers Lateral Entry admissions in B.Tech courses. To be eligible to get admission in IIT, the candidate must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and must have appeared and qualified JEE Main and Advance examination with good rank. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT for pursuing B.Tech course.
22nd July 2015, 01:03 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

For your kind information i want to tell you that you are not allowed to get admission in second year of bachelor degree in IIT.

Because the lateral entry admission scheme is not valid in Indian Institutes of Technology.

One has to appear for common entrance exam to get admission in IIT. The entrance exam for IIT admission is IIT-JEE.

Here is the complete eligibility that you must have to fulfill for IIT :

** You must have finish 12th Class.

** Physics, Chemistry and Maths should be your main subjects.

** Age limit is 25 years.

** There is 5 years relaxation for SC and ST.

However if you have already passed your 12th class then you are eligible for appearing in the entrance exam for the IIT.

If you really want to join IIT then you should go for the entrance exam and try to score a good rank in your exam.
22nd July 2015, 03:29 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, IIT doesn't allow admission to Diploma Engineering candidates as there is no lateral entry in IITs.

Only 12th passed candidates can get admission in IITs on the basis of marks in the JEE Mains and Advance.

But there are many good colleges that offer admission after diploma through Lateral Entry Entrance Test.
22nd July 2015, 09:51 PM
arunpcst

Thumbs up Re: Admission Procedure for joining Degree course in IIT after Diploma?

I inform you that there is only one procedure to admission in IIT that is you have to crack IIT mains and IIT advance exam.if you are able to clear exam then you will must join It.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?