7th February 2015, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give NDA exam after diploma course?

Sir/Mam,

I am student of diploma in engineering (1st year) after my 10th iam doing diploma and want to join Indian army. Is i am eligible to give nda exam after completing diploma.as that tym my age will be around 18.

Please give me our kind consultancy. I vl be very thankful to you.

8th February 2015, 04:53 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give NDA exam after diploma course?

I am really sorry to say that you are NOT Eligible to appear in NDA & NA Examinations with "Diploma" qualification. Yes, the basic educational qualification required is " 12th class" or Intermediate in 10+2 course from a recognized university, whereas course pattern of 10+3 is not eligible for NDA Examination. The minimum age required is 16.5 years and the maximum age of a candidate must not exceed 19 years. Since you are interested to join Indian Army, I suggest you to complete Graduation first. After that, you can apply for CDS (Combined Defense Services) examination with Graduation or Bachelor Degree qualification to join Indian Army Wing. The maximum age to be eligible for CDS Examination is 25 years. So with "Diploma" as an educational qualification you cannot apply for NDA & NA (National Defense Academy) and Naval Academy (NA) Examination.
8th February 2015, 09:11 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination after completion of your three years Diploma course. The NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year and the eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

--> The candidate must be a citizen of India.

--> The candidate must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.

--> The candidate must be at least 16 1/2 to 19 years old.

--> The candidate must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

--> The candidate must be Physically and Mentally fit.

Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, you are not eligible to appear in NDA examination.
8th February 2015, 02:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For NDA exam one must have 10+2 or its equivalent qualification. Diploma is definitely equivalent to 10+2, therefore, you are definitely eligible for it. There is age limit for NDA exam which is 16.5 to 19 years and only unmarried male can apply for it.

Selection in NDA is based on merit and you have perform excellently in the Written exam, SSB and Medical examination. UPSC conducts this exam twice in a year and if you have the age then you can appear for it.

For more information visit http://nda.nic.in
27th July 2016, 01:51 AM
sourabh katoch
Junior Member+

You are eligible to sit in the NDA(National Defence Academy) examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year.
Diploma is equivalent to 12th so you will be able to sit in the examination but during the filling of form you need to specify your first choice as army for joining the Indian army through NDA. But you would not be able to opt for the navy or air force wing because for joining these wings, the minimum requirement is 12th with physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects. You can check the notification about filling of the examination at www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?