24th February 2016, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Air Force after completion of diploma?

I'm 17 years old in present year. I'm in diploma MECHANICAL engineering sem-2. I want to join IndianAirForce. So,Am i applicable to join IndianAirForce after completing my diploma education? Can you give me the minimum eligibility criteria for the same?

26th February 2016, 10:19 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Air Force after completion of diploma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm 17 years old in present year. I'm in diploma MECHANICAL engineering sem-2. I want to join IndianAirForce. So,Am i applicable to join IndianAirForce after completing my diploma education? Can you give me the minimum eligibility criteria for the same?
After completion of diploma course in Mechanical Engineering, you can join Indian Air Force through Airman in Group X Technical.

Applicant should have completed diploma course from a recognized institution or equivalent qualification with 50% marks in aggregate are eligible for Airman in Group X Technical exam.

Applicant age should be in between 17 years to 20 years.
26th February 2016, 02:39 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, diploma passed candidates are not eligible to appear for NDA examination and hence, you are not eligible for recruitment in Indian Air Force after diploma.

But, you are eligible for recruitment in Indian Air Force after pursuing B.tech/B.E degree through CDS examination.

CDS examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year and age limit to appear for recruitment in Indian Air Force is 19-23 years.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
26th February 2016, 11:37 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force now as per your educational qualification.

Candidates passed or pursuing diploma can join defence service after pursuing graduation degree. The discipline of graduation must be either B.tech or B.E or B.Sc Mathematics or Physics for recruitment in Air Force or Navy.

So, you are not eligible to join Air Force now. To get more information about CDS examination is www.upsc.gov.in.
28th February 2016, 11:22 AM
monikasiri

Sorry to say,but any student completing Diploma in any course is not eligible to join Indian Air Force.Graduation is the minimum qualification to get any job in the Indian Air force.As Diploma is considered to be Under Graduation,you are eligible to join in Indian Air Force.You should study further and do either B.Tech or B.E after Diploma.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?