24th February 2016, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?

I have been completed my Diploma fro Gujarat Technological University.In COMPUTER Engineering with 1st rank in GTU .currently I'm doing B.E in computer Eng. but i want to take admission in IIt based on diploma..so which procedure or form i have to fill up ?...give me the details of it please..........

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  2. What is the procedure followed to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course? -- [New]
  3. What is the procedure for appearing in IIT after completion of diploma in ETC?
  4. Process of getting admission in IITs after completing diploma?
  5. What is the procedure followed to get admission in IIT B.Tech after completion of diploma in Mining engineering?
  6. Is it possible to join IIT after completion of 3 years diploma course from BTEUP?
  7. Procedure to get admission in IIT Bombay after Diploma engineering? Score required in final semester?
  8. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  9. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  10. Can I take the admission in IIT after diploma? What is the eligibility criteria followed for the same?
  11. Am I eligible to take admission in I.I.T after completion of diploma course?
  12. Is it possible for me to get lateral entry in IIT after completion of diploma course in information technology?
  13. Admission Procedure for joining Degree course in IIT after Diploma?
  14. How to get admission in IIT, Delhi after completing Diploma course?
  15. What is the procedure to follow to get admission for degree course after completion of diploma course?
  16. How can I get admission in IIT Delhi after completing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  17. It it possible for me to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for IIT after completion of diploma course? -- [Most Discussed]
26th February 2016, 01:45 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?

No, diploma passed candidate are not eligible to get admission in IIT ( Indian Institute of Technology).

The admission in institute is through JEE examination. JEE examination is conducted in two stages as Main and Advance.

Candidate have to qualify in both stages for admission in IIT. The eligibility to appear for entrance examination is candidate must have passed or pursuing 10+2 from any recognised board and have PCM as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to appear for entrance examination after diploma degree. For more information about examination detail visit at http://www.jeemain.nic.in.
26th February 2016, 05:49 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?

To get admission in IIT after completion of your Diploma course, you must have to appear in JEE Main and Advance examination. Candidates those who have completed three years Diploma in Engineering course or 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and those who have appeared, qualified and secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination. So, by qualifying and securing good rank in JEE Advanced examination, you can get admission in IIT.
26th February 2016, 10:30 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Admission in IIT is through JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ). JEE examination is conducted in two stages.

Candidate passed diploma from any recognised university are not eligible to appear for entrance examination and hence not eligible to get admission in course for B.tech/B.E course in IIT.

So, you need to continue your course with GTU to get B.Tech degree .
28th February 2016, 10:29 AM
monikasiri

Diploma students of any course are not eligible to get admission in IIT.The only procedure to study in any IIT is to study +2 and then write the examination conducted to get into it.IIT does not conduct any lateral entry examination to get into second year of Engineering.You cannot study your engineering in any of the IIT in our country but,you can study your further studies like M.Tech in any of the IIT with good score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?